2008 GTX 155 top speed???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gman9512

Just got to ride my 2008 gtx 155 for the first time and had a question for the veterans. What should the top speed of this pwc be about?? I had it on perfect smooth water and got it to about 51 mph at about 7200 rpm. I weigh about 198lbs and had a half tank of fuel. I was expecting it to run closer to 60. Any replies would be appreciated..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got to ride my 2008 gtx 155 for the first time and had a question for the veterans. What should the top speed of this pwc be about?? I had it on perfect smooth water and got it to about 51 mph at about 7200 rpm. I weigh about 198lbs and had a half tank of fuel. I was expecting it to run closer to 60. Any replies would be appreciated..

Should be around 55-57 GPS.... Did you use a GPS or the dream-o-meter? I found the speedo on my ski to be about 4-5 mph slow

That was on the speedometer, or dream o meter, as you put it. I have put new plugs in it, but will be a couple of weeks to see how much that helps...

That was on the speedometer, or dream o meter, as you put it. I have put new plugs in it, but will be a couple of weeks to see how much that helps...

I don't know what your rev limiter is on the 185 of its different then my 215 but how many hours are on the ski? I would try and GPS so you know your actual speed I would say those numbers are a ways off from your actual speed.. Your probably closer to the 55 range on GPS

you should be seeing higher rpms, around 7600, something is not quite right. the rev limiter is set at 7750 and typically the speedo should read closer to 60 as you expected. check your oil level that it is only half way up the dipstick, too much oil will reduce top end and create more white smoke than it should but still run very well. what is the condition of your impeller/wear ring? did it run perfectly?

Just checked oil, it is at the top of the indicator range. Are you saying it should be in the middle of this?....thx

did you check it while it was cold? I ve heard multiple times the ski should be warmed up first and then rev to around 4k rpm and then kill it suddenly, but let the others shime in for this, i heard the oil level should increase when the engine is warm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back