2006 rxt not even close to top speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

tmk

Good day everyone. Just purchased 06 rxt supercharged. First ride and not even close to 65mph. Gauge was closer to 50. Question- previous owner has what looks like wrong battery in it. Would this affect that much performance, also not sure what cluster gauges should look like. Rpm, gas and speed working, NOT numerical speed, depth had 2 dashes and battery signal was what appeared on, unless it is always visible. I know it could tons of other stuff, but concerned on this end first. Thanks.

Looks like me and you are in the same boat... same ski and 1 same problem, you can see my post Here

I'm tackling the cooling issue first bc that will do damage if I'm trying to make top speed runs repeatedly.

Are your RPM's normal around 8k? If so check out the wear ring. Shop manual also suggested poor cooling, wrong oil level, and maybe an intercooler leak? I don't quite remember them all. But my first instinct was the wear ring before reading the shop manual since my top RPM was normal.

If your RPM is low then look at the supercharger.

Sorry, here's the items from the shop manual for lack of power. You'll have to eliminate things based on your symptoms.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230719_165743_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230719_165743_Drive.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 10
Got supercharger rebuilt. Mechanic says everything looks good for year. Took out, doing low 50's and rpm topping out between 6800-7000. Changed plugs to proper set,(didnt have the screw off kind in) and will put 91+ octane in and report back.

OK let me know. I was thinking gas for mine bc I have no idea how long it sat but I'm hitting top RPM, you don't appear to be. I'm interested to know what our issues are lol

Took out last night. Hit 7300 rpm (better, but not what should be) with 93 octane. Got new 1502 code, another rabbit hole to travel. Still working issues.

Back