Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NPack

Hi Folks,

I got a doozy. 07 Seadoo RXT with 327 hours. Yesterday my gauges/digital cluster died, meaning no RPMs, no speed, no fuel gauges, no hours, no flashing warning lights or anything. I figure I could still take it out, so it fires up fine. Long beep at start and I'm thinking that's probably a warning beep because I don't have gauges. Real issue is out on the water where it feels like I'm in limited limp mode!

Almost no acceleration out of the hole. Very gradual ramp up to ~30mph (guessing because no gauges/GPS). All turns are sluggish and dead. Engine doesn't sound or feel like it's anywhere near max RPM. Feels like the learner key but worse. Engine sounds throaty/deeper than usual, and there's some white smoke coming out the exhaust. I also seem to be burning more fuel than I usually do. Tried a run down the river and back that usually burns 1 gallon vs. this run burned about 2 or 3. Again, no issues starting it, but man it is not the 65mph beast it's supposed to be! Do dead gauges put the ski in a limp mode? Are the engine/gauges issues separate problems or related? Can't find anything in the manual saying they'd be related... Does beep once about every 15 minutes, but with no gauges, I can't see a code(s). Also do not own a BUDS.

For context, I just had the supercharger replaced at 326 hours. Gauges were working out of the shop, and the ski ran fine the day before with RPMs at 7700, speed of 63mph (choppy). Fuel injectors were also replaced, new spark plugs, new oil. Oil level is right where it's supposed to be. Not pulling any water into the hull. No other fluids in the hull (coolant, fuel, or otherwise). Pump looks clean. No debris in the impeller, nor is the impeller damaged. Fresh 93, no ethanol fuel. Ski is stock. Throttle cable is taught.

I am thoroughly stumped! Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back