2013 GTI 130 4tec stuck in limp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JarodGrey

Hey all!

I have a 2013 gti and it’s been running great the last couple weeks. Yesterday i was running it quite hard, WOT most of the time jumping waves and stuff. About an hour into the ride it stopping going over idle speed.

My gauges are shot (have a new one just need to install and get it programmed) so no warning lights or beeps for me. I did however hook up the new gauge and turned ignition on to see if it threw any lights or beeps and all it says is “maintenance required” (likely because the gauge isn’t programmed to the ski).

So, first thought was maybe something is wedged in impeller. Took off intake grate and everything is clear, no gaps in wear ring at all and it looks great.

Then i checked oil and it was LOW. I thought for sure this was why. I added nearly 1.5 quarts of oil to get it to operating range. Unhooked battery for a few minutes in hopes to reset any code (i know that’s a long shot) but when i started it, still in limp.

Checked my spark plugs, 2 were loose! Coil pack on one of them was popped up already so i thought. I pulled all coils and plugs, replaced the plugs with new ones, reinstalled coil packs. Still…..limp.

Im getting very frustrated :’)

Do a compression check,,,it’s also possible that your oil pressure switch is gone,,,when they go,,,you are in limp mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back