2007 RXT 215 - P0344 Code - Need help! PLEASE!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! I have bought a 2007 RXT 215 that spun the #1 main and burnt the rod bearing. Unfortunately, I have no history on the ski past that, other than it has 236 hours on it. I rebuilt the supercharger (using Riva Washers), replaced the short block with one out of a 2005 RXP (using new ARP head studs and new OE rocker bolts, flywheel bolts, etc.) and reused the top end / flywheel / rear cover off the 2007 engine. I did replace all the valves in the head as well, to be safe.

I have re-installed the engine, but the engine will not fire, giving me a P0344 code (cam phase signal missing). I put a new cam sensor in it, but that did not fix the issue. Traced all wires and everything ohm'ed out fine. I also cleaned every ground I could find. I did recheck to make sure the timing chain was intact and the cam is truly spinning - it is.

After exhausting all my resources, I took the ski to the local Seadoo dealer to plug in B.U.D.S system to see if there were more codes that may give a hint of what the issue is. The dealer did not find any other codes relative to this. They also traced the harnesses, changed the cam sensor (again) and replaced the ECM. None of this changed the situation - still getting the the same P0344 code when cranking. The dealer gave up, but said they feel the issue is with the flywheel, but could not explain how that could be as it is giving a cam error, not a crank signal error.

The flywheel and trigger wheel is doweled, so I don't think I assembled that incorrectly, but maybe I missed something. Before I pull the engine back out to check the flywheel installation, does anyone have other suggestions to look at? Could the cam sprocket be bad, not triggering the sensor? I assembled the head and installed the cam according to the manual, using the locking pins. It has about 130 psi cranking on all cylinders, so mechanically, I believe it to be sound.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I have posted several things over the past months, with little or no responses. Again, I really need some help and I know there is a lot of experience and talent on the forum. Please give me a hand and I promise to return the favor when I can!

Very frustrating I am sure. Later tonight I can dig in the manual and see if I can find something for you. Off hand I don't have a solution other than maybe a plug issue at the sensor or MPEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response! I did get some other feedback that I may be in trouble by marrying a 2005 short block with 2007 parts. It appears the pin location to locate the flywheel on a 2005 crank is in a different spot than the 2007. I am using the 2007 housing, flywheel, trigger wheel on the 2005 short block. I understand the crank sensor is mounted in a different location on the 2005 cover. This may be causing my cam signal error as the sync timing is off so much.

Any thoughts on that?

Yep. If there is no trigger, then every part can be perfect and still not work. Kind of like putting a door knob on the hinge side of a door. It's still a door but the knob will do no good.

So if there is nothing going past the cam to trigger it, it can't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. If I use a 2005 PTO cover, will I still be able to use my 2007 flywheel, crank trigger cup and all the 2007 hardware? They have different part numbers from 2005 to 2007, but I am unsure of the differences in them.

Yes, pretty sure those parts will work but you have to drill the vent hole in the block. I've heard of somebody drilling this hole while it was in the ski and drilling the hole through the hole in the cb gear and they said it worked but I wouldn't recommend it. I don't see how you will get all the shavings out and even though they are just aluminum it won't be good for the engine. I recommend to pull motor, split block halves and do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back