2006 Sportster DI Jet Pump Leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

despower

Pulled apart my jet pump to change the oil. When I took the nose cone off, there was very little oil and a bit of water. This leads me to believe I have a leak in the pump so I've ordered a pressure tester. The impellor shaft looks like it's in decent shape from the front - I haven't pulled the jet apart yet. The pusher in the cone was fairly worn with some melted plastic so I'm guessing the shaft was overheaded at some point. I've ordered a new pusher. Does anyone have any thoughts about where a pump might leak and what would be the most suspect part? From the parts diagram, I am suspecting the impellor boot/ring since the cone of the jet pump doesn't appear to be leaking.

Des

It can leak at the “O” ring around the cone,,,and it can leak at the front seal,,,no need for a tester,,,just replace the “O” ring and the front seal and you will be as good as new.

Thanks Popps. When you say the "front seal," I believe you are referring to the oil seal that's in front of the impeller. That would avoid me having to remove the impeller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back