2005 Sea Doo RXT 215 problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcwilds

I just recently bought a ski... First time I put it on the water it ran great. Now this past time I was riding it and it randomly shut off. Pulled it to a sand bar and it sounds like a weak battery. It threw a code but I cant remember what it was. I checked the battery cables and they were loose. Im going to put it on the battery charger and see what that does for it... Has anyone ever had anything like this happen? Thanks in advance...

Could be loose cables, just put key on DESS post press set 5 times. Post back the P code.

Don't worry about that one (I think thats a compass out of range or something), do the test again and hit mode (after pressing set 5 times) write down each code until you see "END"

Post the list back.

Don't worry about that one (I think thats a compass out of range or something), do the test again and hit mode (after pressing set 5 times) write down each code until you see "END"

Post the list back.

We got P-1680 P-1681 P-1517...then it says end.. Then comes up key, sensor, maint

We got P-1680 P-1681 P-1517...then it says end.. Then comes up key, sensor, maint

You can do a search on this site for a listing of all codes.

P1680 - Communication problem detected by MPEM
P1681 - Communication problem - instrument cluster message missing

Did you say you had loose battery connections, I just don't think the errors you are seeing are causing your issue with the exception of P1680 which could be an intermittend battery connection.

You will have to take your ski to a dealer and get it hooked up to the BUDDS system (BRP diagnostic system) have them turn off the compass and clear your "MAINT" msg.

I appreciate the help.. Im going to see if I can get it to do anything tomorrow. If it doesn't do anything I guess Ill be taking it to the dealer. Very frustrating considering I've owned it less than a month.

P1680, P1681
Burnt information center 1A fuse

thats what i came up with when i did a search... do you think a blown fuse could be the communication problem?

P1680, P1681
Burnt information center 1A fuse

thats what i came up with when i did a search... do you think a blown fuse could be the communication problem?

Im not sure. Im new to all this stuff and its getting dark. Ill be taking it to my shop in the morning and see whats going on. Ill try to keep you guys informed on it.

I appreciate the help.. Im going to see if I can get it to do anything tomorrow. If it doesn't do anything I guess Ill be taking it to the dealer. Very frustrating considering I've owned it less than a month.

Don't get too stressed, you got the right idea. Get the battery on a slow charge and make sure the battery terminals are tight. Unfortunately there is now way around clearing the "Maint" msg other than through a candoo scanner or seadoo dealer. I would check the fuse 1A but I think since you are still able to read it the display I don't think thats the culprit. After you get the battery charged back up get the cables tight and check that your charging system is functional. With ski running, on trailer in the lake, or on the hose. You should be seeing 13.5V give or take across the battery terminals.

Don't get too stressed, you got the right idea. Get the battery on a slow charge and make sure the battery terminals are tight. Unfortunately there is now way around clearing the "Maint" msg other than through a candoo scanner or seadoo dealer. I would check the fuse 1A but I think since you are still able to read it the display I don't think thats the culprit. After you get the battery charged back up get the cables tight and check that your charging system is functional. With ski running, on trailer in the lake, or on the hose. You should be seeing 13.5V give or take across the battery terminals.

Thanks for all the help. Will be putting Loctite on battery bolts to make sure it never comes loose like that again. :willy_nilly:

Update: charged battery up and tried to crank. It tries to start but sounds like it is starving for fuel. It threw another code (p-0339), after a google search it come up as a camshaft sensor. So I guess Im going to buy one and put it on. Anybody ever did this before? Where is it located on the motor?

Update: charged battery up and tried to crank. It tries to start but sounds like it is starving for fuel. It threw another code (p-0339), after a google search it come up as a camshaft sensor. So I guess Im going to buy one and put it on. Anybody ever did this before? Where is it located on the motor?

Wow this is getting interesting. First Check all your fuses. The cam sensor is on the stern side of cylinder head, these sensors are automotive quality parts, so its not likely the problem, but definately check the connector is seated. How does your oil look? Was your engine backfiring or missing at all? With that code it could also could mean the engine is out of time. I doubt that the timing chain jumped a tooth. So lets start with checking all your fuses in the MPEM.

Don't charge the battery and have the key on the DESS post. Our MPEMS do NOT like external voltage.

Your fine charging the battery with the cables on, just not with the key on the DESS post. This goes along the line of never jumping from a running vehicle. Seems to destroy the MPEM as well..

Don't charge the battery and have the key on the DESS post. Our MPEMS do NOT like external voltage.

Your fine charging the battery with the cables on, just not with the key on the DESS post. This goes along the line of never jumping from a running vehicle. Seems to destroy the MPEM as well..

I had the battery completely out, Charged it, Then put it back in.

Wow this is getting interesting. First Check all your fuses. The cam sensor is on the stern side of cylinder head, these sensors are automotive quality parts, so its not likely the problem, but definately check the connector is seated. How does your oil look? Was your engine backfiring or missing at all? With that code it could also could mean the engine is out of time. I doubt that the timing chain jumped a tooth. So lets start with checking all your fuses in the MPEM.

Is that the fuse panel to the left of the battery? If so I pulled all of them out and looked at each individual one. They all looked good. And oil looks great it was just recently changed. Hasn't backfired since Ive been riding it.

Hi Guys, I need some help....I have a 2005 RXT that the engine blew up at 77hrs. I just put a new engine in it and took it to the lake last Friday to start the breakin period. Soon after I started it up check engine displayed and the red light started blinking. I pressed the "set" button 5 times and only got a P-0112 error code. That code shows to be Intake Manifold Temperature Sensor Shorted to Ground. I have since replaced the sensor as I hear that is is fairly common for them to go bad. I have been back to the lake yet but, when I put the lanyard on the post, it says "Maint" and the red light is still blinking. Is that anything to be concerned about and will it reset once it's running in the water? Thanks in advance for the help.

Garrett

Hi Guys, I need some help....I have a 2005 RXT that the engine blew up at 77hrs. I just put a new engine in it and took it to the lake last Friday to start the breakin period. Soon after I started it up check engine displayed and the red light started blinking. I pressed the "set" button 5 times and only got a P-0112 error code. That code shows to be Intake Manifold Temperature Sensor Shorted to Ground. I have since replaced the sensor as I hear that is is fairly common for them to go bad. I have been back to the lake yet but, when I put the lanyard on the post, it says "Maint" and the red light is still blinking. Is that anything to be concerned about and will it reset once it's running in the water? Thanks in advance for the help.

Garrett

It won't reset on it's own...you get to crack open the wallet for $30 or so. If you're lucky...there will be a dealer on the water and maybe it'll cost you 30min of your time while he resets it for you.

Update: Took it to the dealer yesterday. So maybe they can find the problem and fix it with out ripping me too bad.

Whoa...I thought you solved the prob but only were asking about resetting the maint light?

No couldn't find the problem.. And they haven't either. They said the CPS looked fine. They are suppose to be taking the fly wheel cover off and looking to see if anything is wrong in there.

So I went to the seadoo shop today... I was told they found out that the flywheel had some teeth chipped off and damaged everything around it. Including oil pump, some type of trigger?, and the crankshaft position sensor. They have since replaced everything and went to crank it up, and it still wont start. and is doing samething it was when I took it...sounds almost like it is out of time. Any opinions guys? Really wanting to ride. Ive owned this ski 6 weeks and its been in the shop for 4.

So I went to the seadoo shop today... I was told they found out that the flywheel had some teeth chipped off and damaged everything around it. Including oil pump, some type of trigger?, and the crankshaft position sensor. They have since replaced everything and went to crank it up, and it still wont start. and is doing samething it was when I took it...sounds almost like it is out of time. Any opinions guys? Really wanting to ride. Ive owned this ski 6 weeks and its been in the shop for 4.

honestly.... it almost sounds like your supercharger gave way usually when the supercharger drops a washer itll take flywheel teeth and everything else in its path...

how many hours are on the ski?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back