2005 RXT quits after 30 minutes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Fostie

Hello everyone, new here.

I have a 2005 RXT and the thing runs perfect for about the first 30 minutes in the water then will all of a sudden quit. Doesn’t throw any codes at all.

I have eliminated that it is not the following:
Fuel pressure
Injectors
Plugs
Battery

Any and all comments are welcome as I am currently stumped and do not want to keep replacing parts without figuring out what the actual problem is…

Last edited:
I just updated the thread as I made a mistake. I have a 2005 not a 2007.

Any more information on this would be helpful as I’m still having the issue.

Have you measured fuel pressure, voltage, check for spark and other parameters when it’s acting up? Doing so may yield a clue to where the problem is.

What do the plugs look like when it won’t run? This could be telling if wet from fuel or with extra carbon versus dry

What is battery voltage with engine running and off?

My ski did this same thing. It would idle then when hit the throttle it would simply kill out. I checked the CPS (cranshaft position sensor) and it was bad. Replaced the sensor and it resolved the issue.

Fuel pressure is 54 lbs even when it’s quits. Yes it has spark
Check for exhaust leak. It can build up in the hull and starve the engine of fresh air.

One way to confirm is to ride with the seat off. If the problem does not occur, you found the issue.

Back