2005 ext rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

killer454

Well I got my block back bored out .020 with weisco pistons.piston ring gap checks out at .014 that is good going by the manual it is suppose to be between .012-.020 O'Reilly auto parts machine shop charged 215.00 to do all the work.looks like they did a good job.

Sounds like they have a good machine shop to do the work. Good luck with the rest of the rebuild!

The manual called for loctite 5910 to seal the case but hard to get I would have to order that is their an alternative.it says its silicone?

Well assembly stopped I put my crankshaft and counter Ballance shaft in with new bearings and my counter Ballance shaft has up and down movement.when you turn the crank you can hear play in counter Ballance shaft,bought bearings for counter Ballance shaft from Eurosport,inc---part number sd-11054 but item description says nothing about bearing size std or oversize.got a big sticker that says aqua sport performance

Well back to build here are my bearing clearances.
Mains all at .0015 this is good.
Countershaft at .003 this I don't know calling sbt Monday
Rods .004 this I know is bad I'm ordering sbt bearing kit Monday from what I have found out sbt gets the engines around .0015 and I'm at .004.so I need .002 oversize bearings to bring mine back to within specs of .001-.002.
Thank-you I will buy some of that to seal my cases.

Oh by the way I set all piston ring gaps around .014.had 1 at .015 and 1at .016 so should be good their.spec calls for .012-.020 man the weisco pistons are nice looking I hate to put them in the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back