2004 GTI 717 single carb adjustments

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czvas

Hey everyone, I have a 2004 GTI 717 and I’m looking to make sure the high and low are set properly. The carb has these brass looking caps so I can’t get to the low and high. Are they under these caps and then able to adjust with a flat head? How do you remove the caps?

My problem is it has no balls at the get go
But then seems like it breaks through and runs great.

Work done so far:
Compression 140psi+ both cylinders
Fuel baffle new magnet (gas gauge)
Carb has been rebuilt
Needle and seat have been replaced 2.0
Pop off is in spec 36-40 psi
New fuel water separator filter
Sonic cleaned the fuel selector valve
Replaced the gas lines
Complete jet pump housing rebuild/oil/bearings seals/ wear ring
Carbon seal and ring replaced
New plugs/new ngk wire caps

thank guys in advance!

You can't clean the fuel selector, just replace it.

The caps are because you have the California emissions model. You can't properly clean the carb without removing the caps and adjuster screws.

I had the same carb and nothing I did would fix the hesitation and I know these carbs inside and out. The solution was to spend the $200 and buy a brand new carb from OSD Seadoo and the ski has never run so good.

You can't clean the fuel selector, just replace it.

The caps are because you have the California emissions model. You can't properly clean the carb without removing the caps and adjuster screws.

I had the same carb and nothing I did would fix the hesitation and I know these carbs inside and out. The solution was to spend the $200 and buy a brand new carb from OSD Seadoo and the ski has never run so good.
Ok thank you for the information, as for the fuel selector is used a sonic cleaner to clean it would you suggest to replace anyways?

Is this the carb you would suggest?

OSD Sea Doo 717 OEM Mikuni Replacement Carb with Accel [OSD_717SINGLESET] - $219.99

i am from Toronto Canada so just need to make sure they ship here!

Yes on the carb.

Yes on replacing the fuel selector. The rubber parts inside go bad an no amount of cleaning will fix that.

Yes on the carb.

Yes on replacing the fuel selector. The rubber parts inside go bad an no amount of cleaning will fix that.
Ok thank you. I have the fuel selector on order picking it up tomorrow. Just to pick your brain, if I was to try just for the heck of it, the low is 1 and the high is 0, but would you try half out on the low or half in on the low and see if that helps maybe by some luck?

You could try but typically a stock seadoo will run perfect on stock carb settings.

You need to open it and verify the correct jets are inside and set the high and low speed screws to the spec for your ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back