2003 Seadoo boat 240 sportjet EFI - Dash oil light remains ON. Runs poorly in water.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPaaH

Helping a friend fix his boat. No RPM, power up chokes out is what he told me. Only 93HRS total.
240 EFI V6 Mercury M2 Jet Drive

Oil light on dash stays lit. Only beeps shortly when key turned on.
I have read the ACTIVE codes- out of water, motor stone cold using 2 different code readers.
I added oil to the big tank, the little tank was full.
Starts easy out of water, only started briefly. Seems to smoke fine-(using oil).
Plenty of other previous codes, water in fuel being 1 of them, but not now.

PITOT CKT LO
OIL LVL CKT HI
FUEL LVL CKT HI
SEA TMP CKT HI
TRIM CKT LO

another code reader said

oil level sensor high code 82
Trim sensor circuit low 131
Lake/Sea Temp circuit high 104
fuel level circuit High 75
oil level sensor High 82

only oil sensor I see is the small tank. If I unplug the 2 wires, it beeps 4 times every 2 minutes with key on.
Sensor read .2ohms

any ideas?
Thanks!!

The "oil" light is dumb... because it's not really an oil light. it's an "Alarm" light. (should be a bell icon) BUT... is there fuel in the tank? THat will trip the light too.

As an FYI... there isn't a sender in the big tank.

I would start with putting it in the water, and giving it a run. But... if it's dying... I would verify pressure in the fuel system. There's a Schrader valve on top of the vapor tank. You are looking for 36 psi.

The "oil" light is dumb... because it's not really an oil light. it's an "Alarm" light. (should be a bell icon) BUT... is there fuel in the tank? THat will trip the light too.

As an FYI... there isn't a sender in the big tank.

I would start with putting it in the water, and giving it a run. But... if it's dying... I would verify pressure in the fuel system. There's a Schrader valve on top of the vapor tank. You are looking for 36 psi.

Thanks for the quick reply, Great site!

Yes, Fuel tank is low!

Any other thoughts on the codes? Very few hours above 3500rpms via the history.

Since I don't know what engine we are dealing with (other than a 240) it's hard to say. What's the serial number on it?

Here are some pics I took of the motor and ECM.
Hope that helps. The Boat itself says "03". The ECM says 9-21-2002
If I sign up for Premium, will I get to view a Factory manual?

sedo1.JPG
sedo2.JPG
sedo3.JPG
sedo4.JPG
sedo5.JPG

Sorry I missed the post above.

Yes... if you sign up for the premium account... there is a service manual for that engine. It's a Gen 2... or a +2001-1/2. (The gen 1 engines were significantly different)

Going back to your original post...

The water temp high is telling be that there is a wiring issue, or a bad sender. The other things shouldn't be an issue. Pitot, fuel, and trim aren't monitored on that boat.

But... since the ECU is tripping codes... I would start pulling wires apart, and look for corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back