2002 challenger 240 efi Mercury, Beeping as soon as it starts up and fault codes 75 and 82.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTACUS

As soon as it starts get almost get a long constant beep. I bought a techmate pro and I'm getting codes 75 and 82 that will not clear.

75 is for fuel level and I just replaced the fuel level assembly because it was reading incorrectly, now it reads right. I don't know why I'm getting this code and will not clear. I'm also getting code 131, 104, but I think that's normal because I don't think my boat even has those sensors ? (From something else I've read. )

82 says oil level temp sensor high. I have been messing with it I tried tricking it by installing a 3ohm resistor in the circuit that didnt work. I put the circuit back right code still does't clear I do think the oil level sensor is bad I ohmed it out it was OL. Does anyone know where I can get one or how to trick the ECM? The seadoo parts people link at top of page told me to look on EBAY.

I'm just about ready to take it to a boat mechanic if I can find one that is willing to work on this thing.

My 240efi ('00 Challenger) will constant beep for low fuel at start-up. I have a "cancel" beep button on the dash but for some reason it doesn't work for the low fuel constant beep. I have to pop the engine hatch and disconnect the fuel sender plug (thus loosing fuel gauge) to make beep stop. I'm sure this is not supposed to happen... but it does and that's how I have to handle mine. Above 1/4 tank... no beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back