Seadoo XP 2000 will not go over 4000rpm in water reving fine out of water to 7000rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, the pump will check for water and run, same as the gauges, for 33 seconds on a key press. As will the trim too.

Took me 2 hours to trace a bad ground on that damn pump last fall.

So we put it in water, and no change!!!, rev good under no load, but perform pretty badly on water. I am starting to think this is a combination of a couple of things. I will somehow try to do a compression test. I am just thinking we have not BR8ES in this engine but something as close as it can be, the BR8ES I have are old and bog down at about 3500rpm, I really need to get the BR8ES from overseas, but would it fix the problem? I have yet to try the TRIM back the spark plug line cap by 1/4, as some mention, I have yet to check the cylindrical water box (Mufler is the correct name), for something that might be inside.
I am just wondering about something I had discovered while I first took the jetski out of the garage, some broken black plastic pieces in the steering nozzle/venturi assembly, could this be part of the wear ring? I notice at 4000rpm I am only doing 10mph or 15kmh, I thinking this is a bit slow for that amount of rpm, what do you think? I would like to test the pressure of the fuel system, how can I do this, I read somewhere that an o-ring on the main fuel filter could be leaking. Culd this be an electrical system,how can I diagnose a bad Mpem?

Thanks

That is a lot of questions in there. Yes a damaged wear ring will cause cavitation. The correct spark plugs and gap should be used. Yes the water separator can leak if the seal is bad. If the mpem is recognizing the key, your getting power, and it starts, I doubt the mpem is bad

Dangit man just check the freaking compression. We can't tell you where to look without it. It is the number one thing we need to help you troubleshoot this thing. It is worthless to put money into trying and fix this thing if you have a low compression motor

It seems the news is not going to be good (Apart from I fork out the $100 for the comp tool), I done this on a cold engine, so if it did need to be warmed up, let me and will re-check, so far Front Cylinder register 105psi and rear is about 107psi...so what is the next step?

extremely low. both cylinders are reading the same psi? you might want to check the accuracy of your gauge. Those numbers are very low and the engine probably would not perform at all. Open up the head and take a look

extremely low. both cylinders are reading the same psi? you might want to check the accuracy of your gauge. Those numbers are very low and the engine probably would not perform at all. Open up the head and take a look

There is about 2 psi of difference, yes my mind questioned the gauge accuracy, but how do I test the gauge?, with compressor? the ski has I said as less than 20 hour for sure, all I can think of is that it could have be lightly stuck and when try to start off the first time, might have damaged it, I did not want to have to come to opening the engine, but if this is what I have to do, then I will start with removing the head and work my way down!!! But not before I test that gauge somehow!!! I have car/bike/chainsaw etc should I try comp test on that???

Caloute

Hi,

I removed the head cylinder yesterday, had a look at the cylinder and they are both pretty smooth, the piston are black and seems to be moving freely, nothing out of the ordinary...so not sure what i should do? Would it be possible this is due to a gasket leak?

Thanks

Low compression rebuild time. And just because you think the ski has less than 20 hours from looking on the inside, you have no way to verify that

I spoke to my brother and asked him how many times he put it in the water, and he said 2 or 3 times, so it might very well be less than 10 hours...when I got the the oil tank emptied out cause the oil was old, it was close to full, and that is the first tank of oil they originally put in...so believe me I know this thing has not been used...my father says so, my cousin says so, friend of my brother says so, and of course my bro as well. So mechanically this should be sound...mysterious isn't it.

Hi,

I removed the head cylinder yesterday, had a look at the cylinder and they are both pretty smooth, the piston are black and seems to be moving freely, nothing out of the ordinary...so not sure what i should do? Would it be possible this is due to a gasket leak?

Thanks

Were the head bolts tight? Was the paint disturbed on them when you removed them?

Can you post pics of the head gaskets and sealing surfaces?

Were the head bolts tight? Was the paint disturbed on them when you removed them?

Can you post pics of the head gaskets and sealing surfaces?

Hi Krispy,

The bolt were tight, but got them out easily, the paint un-disturbed, and I am the first one to take the cylinder off I am pretty sure. I will post pictures as soon as can take some. Thank you

The ski will not ever run right with 105 compression, even if you replace the head gasket it ain't gunna do nothing. Verify you have a good working compression gauge and if it is good and you have 105 compression plan on a rebuild

The ski will not ever run right with 105 compression, even if you replace the head gasket it ain't gunna do nothing. Verify you have a good working compression gauge and if it is good and you have 105 compression plan on a rebuild

Yes I need to check the gauge!!! have to find a way to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back