2001 rxdi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJMatt

Well to start with im new here...
This is what I have.
I have a 2001 RXDI,I got it about 2 years ago. I had to rebuild the jet pump before I even got it on the water... But it ran fine for 2 weeks,then the RAVE valves locked up,fixed that,then it ran perfect! Then the compressor started leaking water....fixed that. Then the impeller took a rock... So I put a new impeller on it and repitched it and was getting a top speed of about 70mph. Then about a month later,it started to lose power. So I took checked eveything.
wireing
fuel
fuel press.
spark
compress. 150/150
pump
air compress.
air press.
fuses
also check for seizing in the crank and pistons
also checked the crankcase press.
and I finlly found it was the TPS on the mag. side was bad, so got that fixed and the computer reset to match the new TPS
ran perfect for 2 weeks
then died....
So I went and rechecked everything again....
and found its only injecting fuel on the MAG side.
So I check the injector and it works fine, checked the wiring its fine.
So can anyone help me???? Im about to give up on this thing:(

Thanks!

Matt

Attachments

• RX.jpg
    RX.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Matt, no answers here, but I also have a 2001 rx di with a prob. Bought end of last year. Runs great, but now has a starting prob. Starts great before and first time on lake, but if you start and then turn off and try to restart, acts as if flooding? Any ideas? Thanks you seem very knowledgable

hmm. I had something like that happen with mine too! Have you checked the RAVE valves? I had to tap them out with a hammer due to all the build up on them! But that seem to have fixed.
Also have you checked the fuel filter?

Matt

a 2001 rxdi that does 70mph?:rofl:

Yes it does, well did..
Ive rebuilt the whole motor just about
polished and ported head
I dont think this added any speed to it, but the water box has been gutted,so its very load!!
2 stage pump, which seem to help keep it cooler.
Yes I hope to get it running again,it makes for a very wild ride!!
But this new prob. has me stumped,I belive its the computer in it.

DJmatt

yeah thats what I think too, I also noticed my hours jumping up and down....:ack:
Anyone have a main computer for a 01 RXDI...?
I guess Ill try ebay.

Yes it does, well did..
Ive rebuilt the whole motor just about
polished and ported head
I dont think this added any speed to it, but the water box has been gutted,so its very load!!
2 stage pump, which seem to help keep it cooler.
Yes I hope to get it running again,it makes for a very wild ride!!
But this new prob. has me stumped,I belive its the computer in it.

DJmatt
You had better recheck your speed with a GPS not the stock dreamometer. There is nothing to port or polish on the head. It can be shaved and the combustion chambers reshaped by machining the squish bands. The cylinder ports can be ported but if you had them polished, get your money back. You never polish ports on the intake side. They must stay rough. Polishing the exhaust port is just a waste of time as it gets coated with carbon. Also, there is no 2 stage pump available for any PWC.

Chester

You had better recheck your speed with a GPS not the stock dreamometer. There is nothing to port or polish on the head. It can be shaved and the combustion chambers reshaped by machining the squish bands. The cylinder ports can be ported but if you had them polished, get your money back. You never polish ports on the intake side. They must stay rough. Polishing the exhaust port is just a waste of time as it gets coated with carbon. Also, there is no 2 stage pump available for any PWC.

Chester

I have and thats what I got on a Garman GPS! But you are right most stock speedom. dont work...
Yes you are right,But I was the one who rebuilt the whole thing, I had polished the head and everything, then I was like ok lets port the head too.
Ive done about everything I can do to it, as far as modding it.
Yes there is no 2 stage pump for PWCs.
The one on mine was really from a boat,and the guy I bought it from said it would fit on a PWC, and well after much cutting it fits. Ill have to get so pics of it up here soon!!

Well Im still trying to find a new computer for it.....

Hmm.:confused:
There are no ports in the head to "port". Please do post a picture of your 2 stage pump. I've never seen a PWC pump with 2 impellers.

Chester

rxdi problem

Well I feel for you mine is doing the same thing! but I have found the connectors on wiring harness to the mpem are loose try tightening them then reinstall plug. you may have to bend over end of pin connector with a small pick good luck ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back