2001 GTX Maintenance Alarm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

adgerr

I have just picked up a 2001 GTX. It was running fine for a few days and then the maintenance alarm went off. Now when i try to start it, the alarm sounds and it won't start. This was reported to me by my son today so I haven't seen it, but he says it looks like oil has leaked into the hull. If there is an oil leak, would low oil trigger the alarm?

thanks & again, i'm new to this ski so I appreciate any help. Also, anyone know a service mechanic around Savannah GA?

The maintenance alarm is on a timer. You can reset it, and you should be OK.

If there is a little oil in the bottom... that's normal. The seals on the tank will leak a little. If it's a lot... it's needs fixed. And yes... it would be a "Low Oil" alarm.

Thank you for your reply. Now that i've been able to dig in, here is what i've found. No oil leak as the tank is full. The alarm was due to the battery being drained. i charged the battery and it started right up. however, it didn't hold the charge. i'm going to get a new battery today. Any reason other than a bad battery that it would loose charge after driving it for 30 minutes? Finally, when storing the ski, i was told that if i didn't turn off the gas that it would leak out. Is this normal? Thanks again for your help!

The maintenance alarm is on a timer. You can reset it, and you should be OK.

If there is a little oil in the bottom... that's normal. The seals on the tank will leak a little. If it's a lot... it's needs fixed. And yes... it would be a "Low Oil" alarm.

Have your battery tested first as it may be the ski thats not recharging your battery. Charge the battery over night, then, with engine off, measure the voltage of the battery (with a multimeter) Then start up the ski and rev it above 1500-2000 rpm. You should see the voltage increase to 13.5 volts-14.0 volts.

And no it is not normal for the fuel to drain out if the fuel isnt shut off. Your needles and seats in the carbs need to be replaced. Unless you have a fuel leak somewhere. (check the fuel-water separator in the bow for leaks)

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back