GTX Supercharged Alarm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

motogotro

I'm working on a 2004 GTX Supercharged for a friend and this is my first dive into the 4-stroke arena. I'm an old school 2-stroke guy with a 96 XP, 99 XP Limited and a 2000 GSX Limited. The ski has been sitting up for a few years and the display of course is unreadable right now. I put a battery in it and it fires up but has a continuous alarm. I get 2 beeps when I plug in the key and then it immediately goes into a long steady alarm. It will crank and start but seems to be in a limp mode and will barely come off of idle with the alarm still sounding. I know these skis have an issue with oil pressure sensors which is what I am suspecting but is it normal for them to sound that God awful alarm when they are not running. I'd think the MPEM would know that the ski is not running and not sound an alarm for low oil pressure in that case. Without the display, is there any other way to confirm the cause of the alarm without fixing the display? Is the oil pressure switch an on/off thing that I can check with an ohm meter? I know the display can be fixed and we can go there if we have to but the ski needs a fair bit of work so we'd like to confirm that the engine is at least salvageable before we dive into supercharger rebuilds and display repairs.

If it has an alarm that's continuous then it will be throwing out a code which you should be able to read or retrieve using a reader, shooting it with the parts cannon is usually not the best way to go. However by process of elimination you can manually check the oil pressure. At the end of the head near the TOPS sensor there's a 1/8'' plug , if you take that out you can screw in a grease gun hose with a pressure gauge adapted to the other end , most of the parts are available at Home Depot or a hydraulics dealer. This will confirm if you have an internal problem or external and allows you to run the engine while keeping the oil sensor connected.

So a continuous alarm even before startup is an issue? I don’t have a reader so retrieving the code is going to be a problem.

You suspect oil pressure so I was making a suggestion , the oil pressure will make a continuous alarm until the problem is cleared , if the computer sees oil pressure for 15 seconds the alarm will clear itself , so I was suggesting a hose assembly which is relatively cheap to make to test the oil pressure , If you do not have a reader or have a dealer with a reader then you have to start somewhere and eliminate one thing at a time.

I have an oil pressure gauge so I can test for oil pressure. I guess I’m not asking my question correctly or not understanding your answer. I get the continuous alarm immediately after the two beeps after connecting the lanyard, before I even attempt to start the ski. Is that normal?

In my 2005 manual the only continuous beep is high coolant temp or high exhaust temp.
Coolant temperature sensor and bleed nipple are located on the cylinder head looks like just in front of oil filter.
I think the exhaust temperature sensor connector is on or by muffler.
Luck

Back