2000 Seadoo GTI No Beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdlemaster01

Hello,

New jet ski owner here. Picked up 3 identical 2000 Seadoo GTI's with the 717 motor. They were all very clean looking but none of them had batteries and they were a good deal so I took a risk by not taking an expert with me.

So far I have changed the spark plugs, drained the gas and oil, replaced the fuel and oil filters. Also bought new batteries. One of the ski's fires up with no issues so far.

The 2nd ski though does not beep or do anything. I swapped the MPEM from the non-working ski to the working one and it worked fine. I took apart the electrical box and cleaned all the connections in there but still nothing. Then i tried putting a screwdriver across the solenoids and the engine cranked.

What do I do next to figure out what is wrong? I would guess the solenoid or the starter but since i am not hearing a beep when I put the safety lanyard on so i am wondering if i should be looking somewhere else.

Edit: Please see the attached files. they are images of the fuses in the MPEM. It seems weird how they both have empty slots and each ski is using different slots. Should all these have fuses? What does the SPR 1,2,3 mean?

Attachments

• ski-that-works.jpg
    ski-that-works.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 2
  • ski-that-not-working.jpg
    ski-that-not-working.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back