No beep, Gauges or Start 2000 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

RJO

I have a 2000 GTX Millennium

When I plug the DESS key in I do not get a beep.
Gauges don’t turn on if I hold down the start button or press it 5x.
The beeper does work if I hook power directly to it.
Power is going to the MPEM
If I remove any of the harnesses from the MPEM I hear a slight beep from the MPEM when the harnesses are plugged back in. There is 12 volts going to the MPEM.

The DESS post is working when I check continuity.
I have followed wiring harnesses and cannot find any problems.

It started after I had a low battery and needed to jump it and it started.

I replaced the battery then nothing worked. Fuses in the MPEM are good.
Are there any other fuses on the ski that I am missing.

Starter works when I jump the solenoid.

Thanks in advance for any help.

did you check the fuses in the box where the solenoid and ignition coil are located? You should never jump start these machines. you may have fried your mpem.

yes, the 15Amp fuse there is good.
It was started with a charger. Never had a problem doing it for the last 20 years I owned it, but there is always a first time.

I have a similar problem. The main 15 amp fuse in the MPEM blew while I was driving. I replaced the fuse, but still no beep and no display. All fuses are good, DESS post had continuity with key on post. No display or beep when I push the start button multiple times, completely dead. Please help

It only blew the fuse once. All fuses are good. I tried bypassing the starter solenoid, it cranks but wont start, like there's no spark. Any idea which wires bring power to the MPEM?

Back