2000 sea doo millennium problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kleinerg

i have a 2000 sea doo millennium 787 gtx rfi. it has a new engine with less than 1hour on it. i just had a new coil installed last saturday. after working out a few problems in june it sat on the trailer for six weeks. when i went to start it, would not start. new coil installed. the problem i am having now i just realized i had back in june. driving along after about ten minutes the engine stalls. i reset the ledyard and it starts. i accelerate, get up to speed and it will stall. did this 6 times. now it will not start at all. let it sit for a couple of hours, it started. ran it on the trailer. after a few minutes it stalled. started right up. that was yesterday. i have to fix it before i put it back in the water or it will become a planter. please help me. gary.

Last edited by a moderator:
2000 GTX Di. having exact same problem

My ski has 96 hours and just started doing the exact same thing. I have the Millennium edition also with 947 engine. I've tried new plugs, SeaFoam to clean injectors, nothing helped so far. It's very strange that the ski runs perfectly for 20 minutes prior to shutting off. I have an appointment with dealer on friday to get bent over and maybe find out what their computer thinks is the problem. Will keep you posted.

Gary, does the doo beep 2 times everytime you try to start it? If you not getting teh 2 beeps it might be a dirty DESS,(Digitial Electronic Security System) post or cap problem where as it looses communication with the MPEM,(Multi Purpose Electronid Electronic Module) and shuts down. Try cleaning the DESS post and cap with soap and water. Don't use anything on it after it is cleaned.

Keep us posted on on progress.

Karl

How do the spark plugs look? Is the oil really pre-mixed heavy? What mix are you using to get it broken in?

Karl

i did have a problem with the break in oil used to rebuild the engine. kept on fouling plugs. went through 4 sets. yesterday, when it would not start i replaced the plugs again. did not help. at this time there is no oil mixed in with the gas. there was when i first started the engine after rebuild. thought that may be a problem so i siphoned the mixed gas and oil out and put just gas in tank.

Do you have the carbs adjusted properly...Low speed is "1 1/2" and the high speed is "0". Be sure the carbs are in sync too.

Karl

scratch that ...you have a RFI model....not carburated....I'm gonna check something...I'll re-post in like 10 minutes.

Karl

Its possible that the pre-mix in the fuel tank might have pluged the fuel injectors. The same condition could be a TPS,( Throttle Position Sensor) that needs adjustment. You might have to go to a seadoo dealer to have it put on a B.U.D.S.( Bombardier Utility Diagnostic System) to get the trouble codes out of the ECU,( Electronic Control Unit). If you only have 1 hour on the engine it should be under warranty to get it running.

Karl

2000 GTX Di with same problem

Hey guys, I'm just catching up on replies & following along with potential solutions. I checked my DESS. It gives no beeps at all when lanyard is attached, but ski starts fine. Is that most likely a bad beeper or indicitive of another problem?, Thanks, -Ken

Ken, it sounds like the beeper is bad. You need it to hear it if the engine over heats, or isn't beeping as an indication that there is a problem. You could either go to radio shack and get one that is real close to the original or to out "parts" link; http://www.seadoowarehouse.com/ for a good priced replacement.

Karl

Replaced the beeper today and now getting 2 beeps when attaching lanyard. Thanks for the tip on Radio Shack. Replacement was only $8 and easy to install. Now I just need to get to the bottom of the stalling problem?

Its possible that the pre-mix in the fuel tank might have pluged the fuel injectors. The same condition could be a TPS,( Throttle Position Sensor) that needs adjustment. You might have to go to a seadoo dealer to have it put on a B.U.D.S.( Bombardier Utility Diagnostic System) to get the trouble codes out of the ECU,( Electronic Control Unit). If you only have 1 hour on the engine it should be under warranty to get it running.

Karl

Do you have the part number handy so I can give it out next time...Thanx.
I'm glad we got that problem fixed...
Karl

I used RadioShack 12VDC Chime #273-071. It fits in where the old chime goes but is a bit smaller. Secure it using electrical tape or zip tie.

Any other thoughts on what could be causing ski to shutoff for no apparent reason after running fine for 20 minutes? It will start again, but runs rough and will stall again shortly after. After waiting several hours, it starts and runs fine and then repeats the whole episode.

stalling etc..

Sounds like you guys have a fuel pressure or a RAVE problem. Firstly clean your RAVES and see how it goes... if RAVES are clean then get fuel pressure checked... these RFI's need the correct fuel pressure to the rail and injectors ALL the time not just SOME of the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back