2000 gtx millennium efi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

tomanycars

Need help with an efi . I have 2 of these. One of them has a new engine ., When out on water for the first 15 minutes runs fine and them wont go. Hold throttle down for 2 minutes and then it will fly But it started doing it all the time. It will take off and then will just lose power and wont go . Hold throttle again it will want to go and give spurts and then slow. Only thing left to replace is fuel pump and computer. I think its the fuel pump. 23 year old pump. How hard is that and where is it. thanks to anyone that will help. All fuel line replaced .

Did you figure out the issue? I have the same model and the same problem. I am going to put in a new rotary valve today, my engine is not new.

Did you figure out the issue? I have the same model and the same problem. I am going to put in a new rotary valve today, my engine is not new.
I did not. New fuel pump and filters and still hardly idles. Where is the TPS and how hard is that. What ever happens can you post here and let us know what worked or did not work.

Also i believe you have to zero out post installation on that. Im going to try that too

Go to the repair manual and it will show you how to test all of the components. Most of what you want is on the #4 plug on the computer and you'll need a multi meter to do the tests. You might have a TPS issue. I've neve solved anything replacing a TPS on a RFI. Also... if you don't have a Candoo or other computer don't worry about zeroing the TPS. It will work. I'll have to look through my pile of computers, I have two that are good for testing but not good for riding unless it's a "zombie attack." If that is the case they'll get you down the bayou outrunning the slow moving Zombies. :D

Go to the repair manual and it will show you how to test all of the components. Most of what you want is on the #4 plug on the computer and you'll need a multi meter to do the tests. You might have a TPS issue. I've neve solved anything replacing a TPS on a RFI. Also... if you don't have a Candoo or other computer don't worry about zeroing the TPS. It will work. I'll have to look through my pile of computers, I have two that are good for testing but not good for riding unless it's a "zombie attack." If that is the case they'll get you down the bayou outrunning the slow moving Zombies. :D
what repair manual

Back