2000 RXDI and GTX DI - what would you do?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregorio

I have a pair of DI Doos that are both dead. The RX siezed last season and it looked like it just needed a new piston according to the independent shop I used. Within an hour of breaking it in this year, it blew the crank bearings all over the place. They have ofered to credit me the full amount of the first repair towards a new engine but I am reluctant to throw a lot of money at it without knowing why it broke first. The hull is in excellent shape with only 90 hours on it and it is garage stored all year long.

The GTX has a bad MPEM but again, I am reluctant to pop even for a used one without knowing why. The shop has no idea what caused it. This boat has more than 140 hours on it but is in good shape.

So, what would you do? BTW, I have a pair of 2005 GTX-SC 185 Doos that are running great and keeping the family occupied. Would you repair them, donate them and take the tax deduction, sell them as is...?

Thanks,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back