2000 polaris slx 1200 CAVITATION!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

blairwill4

So i had one of these last year, had cavitation, never got it fixed, sold it. I got another this one spring and go figure the dang thing cavitates. What do I need to look for/ replace to get it to smash out of the hole like it should. I know it has a new prop because the old one was chipped. Whats my next step?

So i had one of these last year, had cavitation, never got it fixed, sold it. I got another this one spring and go figure the dang thing cavitates. What do I need to look for/ replace to get it to smash out of the hole like it should. I know it has a new prop because the old one was chipped. Whats my next step?

If the gap between the wear ring and the impeller is more than the thickness of a dime, the wear ring needs replaced. If the impeller is bent or dinged up, you may need both. I had two Polaris skis and neither had a carbon seal like the Seadoo does, I assume the 2000 doesn't have one either. So that would not be a cause as I don't think it exists on your ski. Mine had a seal that you pumped grease into.

I think we need a Doctor to answer this question. [MENTION=16022]Dr Honda[/MENTION]

Lou

I have found out that the dumb thing doesnt have a plastic wear ring but rather an aliminum one. Metal on metal go figure things would go wrong. Im taking the pump off tomorrow to look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I took the pump off and separated all the pieces and this is what I found. 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg I noticed a tiny crack in the nose cone and it had some water in there. The wear ring and prop were pretty tight. Maybe a little smaller than a dime. The prop has some decent cuts in it. The stator veins were jacked though. Could that be the culprit of my cavitation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back