2005 SeaDoo 3D runs great on hose but wont run on lake

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

LeviEllis

And last year I bought two 2005 Sea-Doo 3Ds from a dishonest local shop (MotoFrugals) that said they were in perfect running order. Two summers later and I still don’t have them working. I’ve taken them back to that shop several times and they keep giving them back to me, saying they are working again. But same problem over and over again. So now I’m left to figure this out myself. Probably what I should’ve done after the first time they “fixed“ them.

They run great on the hose. But as soon as they get on the water, one of them starts sinking, and the other one won’t run. Right now, I am just trying to figure out the one that won’t run. I will figure out the sinking one next.

So here’s the clues I’ve got: as soon as it in the water, it might run for three seconds, and then it dies and then I can’t get it started again. When I pull it out of the water, it drains quite a bit out of the exhaust (the other one does not drain anything out the exhaust). And when I go to start it, it won’t start for a while, but lots more water starts coming out the exhaust the more I crank it over. More water than I’ve ever seen. Come out of a Sea-Doo. So I’m guessing that’s probably not supposed to do that. Or does anybody have any ideas of what could be going on here?

I would first check the water routing for all the hoses which is in the shop manual.
You should not have a "lot of water" coming out of the exhaust.

Back