Guesses on what price I should pay for injectors on 240efi?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sitka531

2008 240efi often won’t start hot, prior owner in Wyoming had a shop replace the 3 fuel pumps and said it was fixed but turns out it still can’t quite hold 36psi for 10 min and that shop wouldn’t take it further not being mercury shop. They conclude it’s leaking injectors flooding it once shut off while hot so it won’t start for 15min plus but saying I gotta take it elsewhere. I’ve read all the posts I can discussing servicing injectors and such, but no comments on ballpark cost for a shop to do the labor to pull and replace them so I’m guessing it’s a lot and if I was to pay it should I be doing anything else at same time? I’m in Idaho. Thanks!!

2008 240efi often won’t start hot, prior owner in Wyoming had a shop replace the 3 fuel pumps and said it was fixed but turns out it still can’t quite hold 36psi for 10 min and that shop wouldn’t take it further not being mercury shop. They conclude it’s leaking injectors flooding it once shut off while hot so it won’t start for 15min plus but saying I gotta take it elsewhere. I’ve read all the posts I can discussing servicing injectors and such, but no comments on ballpark cost for a shop to do the labor to pull and replace them so I’m guessing it’s a lot and if I was to pay it should I be doing anything else at same time? I’m in Idaho. Thanks!!

You are finding the reason this forum exists. Merc techs don’t like working on these boats/engines.

On my 2000 year 240EFI, I removed the throttle body and injectors. Sent them off service. $120 plus shipping. Huge improvement in performance and fuel economy. New injectors list for $700-$1000 for parts. Labor extra. $100+ per hour. Don’t start without reading the service book. Twice. It is a do-able job. When you get the injectors out, order your new gaskets.

That’s totally what I want to do but am swamped through winter so want to pay a shop but was hoping the manual or something estimated a # of hours for injector replacement so I could just pay for the right # of hours :/

That’s totally what I want to do but am swamped through winter so want to pay a shop but was hoping the manual or something estimated a # of hours for injector replacement so I could just pay for the right # of hours :/
Experienced tech should be able to remove/replace in one hour each way. A newbie will double that. If there are seized screws, that can double the newbie time.
Time for injectors on the flow bench would be additional.
I have not seen a marine flat rate manual. Too many unforseen variables.

Experienced tech should be able to remove/replace in one hour each way. A newbie will double that. If there are seized screws, that can double the newbie time.
Time for injectors on the flow bench would be additional.
I have not seen a marine flat rate manual. Too many unforseen variables.
Thanks the 1st shop with a 30 year mercury master said 6-8 hours but I found another one that seemed pretty competent that said 3.5-4 for total so that’s good enough for me and they send em to the salt lake flow bench for $150 I think. Thanks!!!!

Back