Should I purchase this 1998 Challenger?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
just a note...the plastic hinges on the cooler door hatch(right in front of the spotter seat) and the small hatch on the rear hood tend to break and then you loose the door onto the highway or the lake. they are also hard to find and expensive to replace. find a way to put a tether on them so if the hinges break you will still have the door. I believe there are forums on how to replace the plastic hinges with stainless hinges.

just a note...the plastic hinges on the cooler door hatch(right in front of the spotter seat) and the small hatch on the rear hood tend to break and then you loose the door onto the highway or the lake. they are also hard to find and expensive to replace. find a way to put a tether on them so if the hinges break you will still have the door. I believe there are forums on how to replace the plastic hinges with stainless hinges.
Thank you, yes I need all the advice I can get. That’s a great point. The HX I have had all the original foot pads, a couple were loose though and blew off on my home from purchasing so pays to be diligent and try and think ahead

Let me know if you want to sell the trailer.
Going to look at the Challenger today, I won’t purchase it if I don’t think I can get it working so I wouldn’t be selling the trailer, at least not until I found out I can’t fix it. Seller messaged me last night, I had asked if the trailer was road worthy, he said he hasn’t even seen the boat in a year. Then he messaged back and said seats were rough, I messaged and said I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time and that I would be offering less as this was first I heard of seats being rough. Anyways he still wants me to come, we will see today.

3 hours each way. He sounds desperate to get rid of it to me, he has to drive almost 3 hours from his place to the Marina also so I don’t think he wants to make a whole bunch of separate trips to show prospective buyers. I’ve already committed to going and I hate backing out so I will find out today. Always a great day for driving, and getting my coffee fix.

Just got home, Thanks for all the replies especially rusty nail who had some useful advice, the cooler cover hinges were broken like you mentioned, I probably would have lost it had you not mentioned it. I did lose a cup holder on the way home, thankfully it didn’t damage anyone’s vehicle. This unit needs a lot of work, the damage to the hull will only require gelcoat repairs, the seats are pretty much rat sh@t, the one motor wouldn’t turn over by hand, I would say the graphics are about the only bright spot, they are in pretty good shape. I love the looks of the boat though, hopefully some day it will be back on the water. Plan is to take the motors out and rebuild them this winter. Thanks again guys, Over and out

I’m not going to do much to this boat till the winter but I got curious tonight, can’t believe it took me this long. There was a battery in the boat, hooked it up and tried the dess key. Got the 2 beeps.😀

Back