2000 GTX Millennium - power issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

beck4353

I have a 2000 GTX Millennium Edition that is having power issues. I have it on a trailer and hooked to a trickle charger. The charger was unplugged for a couple of weeks. There is a tether coming off of the battery with a male/female end and the same end coming from the charger. When I went to hook it up, I accidentally touched the 2 male (positive?) leads and I heard a pop from the area around the battery. I figured I blew a fuse.
When I hook the DESS lanyard on, I get 2 beeps followed by 4 chirps and the gauges say HI-TEMP or something like that. I opened the electrical box in the rear compartment and found 4-5 fuse holders there but all fuses seem fine. In the front compartment I found the MPEM and the 5-6 fuses there but they are all good as well.
Since the pop came from the rear compartment, I would hope it's not the MPEM but I am looking for any suggestions. Are there more fuses I should look for?
It's possible the battery was low due the charger not being connected but I am not really sure. I didn't get a chance to try to jump the starter yet, I won't be back to the ski before Thursday.

Thanks!

The battery should never be charged in the ski. I disconnect mine completely. 2 beeps is a good sign for the MPEM. I' suggest downloading the manual and have a look at the wiring diagram. Check your grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back