2 stroke oil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cscott89

Ok so I know your not supposed to use the tw-3 stuff but is there any other brand other than the seadoo brand that carries the API-TC that we are supposed to run? Cause $50 a u.s. gallon for the BRP is ridiculous!

Citgo (Mystik) Superguard Sea and Snow 2-cycle oil

I just paid $20/gal

If you are in Michigan, Kamp Oil, otherwise Academy Sports carries it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use Amsoil Interceptor ($39 - $43) or Quicksilver PWC oil (about $35-$38 at Walmart) are 2 other suggestions.

The only brand that I can find local here is the Walmart quicksilver stuff, and I am always scared to use anything Walmart carries. It always seems to fail. Lol

That's fine it's not made by Walmart, it's Quicksilver marketed by Mercury Marine. I've used the synthetic blend for several years in my 96GTI, no problems.

Lou

The only brand that I can find local here is the Walmart quicksilver stuff, and I am always scared to use anything Walmart carries. It always seems to fail. Lol

The Quicksilver LOW ASH synthetic is fine to use. I hear the snowmobile guys do quite well with the Citgo Sea and Snow oil, it too is a low ash oil.

Basically, the RAVE motors need a full synthetic oil that has the low ash additive, TC-W3 is not a low ash oil thus doesn't offer the high temperature anti-scuffing protection needed that the metallic salts in the low ash additive package provide.

And can any one give me an estimate on oil consumption of a 95 speedster with twin 675?

it's 40:1 at WOT and 75:1 at idle. So... it just depends on how you drive. But generally... with mixed driving... you will burn about a gallon of oil, for 50 gal of fuel. (more if you hold the throttle open all the time)

With that said... if you buy a case of oil... you can get it for less than $40 gal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at all the local marine stores and dealers but of coarse the only thing the seadoo dealer could sell me was the most expensive. I even ask the Lil twerp what else I could run in it. Lol

You might want to verify but I was looking at Richards Yamaha Honda has Seadoo parts listed on their website and for the XPS oil they have it listed at $38.24 for a gallon part# 293600133 Perhaps they don't carry Doo's anymore. That's a great price if it's right. My local dealer sells the XPS-II oil for $52.99 a gallon, their website has it listed for $44.99, that is what I pay since they will honor their website price.

http://www.richardshondayamaha.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=BRP_SEA#/s/BRP|~SEA//293600133/1

Richards is in a bad part of town. I didn't even bother looking there. As far as Doo dealers I looked at Bradford and this place called Ghettoworks (their name drove me away) lol

Lol, I'll travel most anywhere for the right price.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I bought 3gals. XPSII full synthetic at the beginning of the season for around $110.00 with free shipping, from Mosites, in Pittsburgh.

Lou

Lol, I'll travel most anywhere for the right price.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the heads up. I was so worried about getting the right oil especially after spending so much on a new engine. It was worth the piece of mind till I could get better advice.

Can I mix the quick silver with the brp full syn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back