1999 GTX max RPMs????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

I'm working on my '99 GTX Limited 951 and almost got her where I want her. Just wondering what the max rpms should be? It starts out at 6900rpms and when it gets up to speed goes back down to 6820-6850rpms. Is this an acceptable rpm range? Can I get more out of it? Should I even try or be content with that? Also I'm wondering what should I adjust on my rear carb to get the plug burning brown. I stripped them down today and cleaned them out(they were pretty clean anyway). The previous owner had the high speed screw backed off 3-4 turns. I thought it was suppose to be 0(screwed in to the closed position clockwise). So I screwed in the high speed screw to 0 and backed off the low speed screw 1 1/5 turns. I think this is right.Someone please tell me otherwise. Anyway the front carb seems to be setup good, the plug is burning brown but the rear plug(rear cylinder) is burning greyish white( really lean). Looking for advice on what screw to adjust to get a good burn on the plug. Any responses welcome and might I add that this is an excellent sit for a newbie seadoo owner like me.

RPM's

I just checked the specifications for your SeaDoo. Max. RPMs' 7200 +- 50.

Lou

yes

yes the RPM limiter is set for 7,200...

While in the water 6800-6900 is a good WOT range, you won't get much if anything better...

you both, clean/inspect the raves.

The grey/white, is not good bud. Do compression test, if anything, either tear carbs down and check/clean out the brass fitting for the "shooting of oil", or cap off the oil line going to pump and go premix. Your gonna melt that piston.

Did a carb adjustment this morning. backed off the high speed screw 1/4 turn and tried it for 15-20 min at open throttle. When I checked the plugs they are both burning light to dark brown. A local mechanic told me thats pretty good.
Back to the rpm issue. When I take off it goes up to 7000 but when it comes up on plane and up to speed it drops down to 6750-6820. Is this normal? Could a bad wear ring cause this? Or should I be thankful that I got an 11 year doo performing that well? Any thoughts are welcome.

well

my '99 GTX Ltd is running 6600 wide open, so I think your doing fine.

I've replaced all the fuel lines, new fuel baffle this week (guage is no longer reading), cleaned all the RAVEs, checked the water pressure reg, checked the air line from the block to the RAVEs, replaced that air line and check valve. I bypassed the fuel selector switch... was 6200, now 6600 wide open... so I'm getting closer I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back