1999 GTX low RPM'S

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

I bought a 1999 GTX Limited last week and took it out for the first time today. It seemed to sputter from take off right to open throttle. It starts fine on the trailer does not miss fire at all. I changed all the grey fuel lines tonight and cleaned my RAVE valves( I don't think they were ever cleaned). I'm wondering if maybe it's not fuel related but rather a impeller issue. could the wear ring cause this problem because it does feel like it's losing water. The RPM'S are only coming up to 5300 max at full throttle. Also my analog speedo does not work and I forgot to check if the digital one was working. Any opinions or help would be appreciated. Thanks

It could be the wear ring, Did you clean out the filters in the carbs? they get clogged with crud from the old fuel lines and will give a lot of problems.

A worn wear ring should cause the RPMs to go higher with no speed improvement. If you aren't getting enough RPMs I would think it would be intermittent fuel or spark. Cleaning the carb filters was a good idea. Also the carb diaphragms could be perforated if you feel any gas coming out of the carbs.

1999 GTX with low RPMs

Do I have to remove the black exhaust pipe to take of the carbs?

No, don't remove the pipe, your asking for trouble if you do. You can work around it easy enough once you get the air box and rubber flaps off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back