99 GTX died while winterizing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

cchinny

I was winterizing my 1999 Seadoo GTX, running it for 20-30 second intervals to clear water out of the engine allowing it to cool off in between. Approximately the 4th time while revving it the engine died and now there is no power to the ski. There is no beep with the key and it does not turn over. All the fuses in the MPEM and the stator check out okay and the battery is connected and fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My personal opinions and what I do. :D I don't run the engine when winterizing and I don't like running the engine out of the water even with the water hose attached.

You'll have to troubleshoot the ski from the ground up to figure out what happened. I'd start with checking the battery. Next the Dess system. Good Luck !

sure sounds electrical,,,
check every electrical connection and ground.
could be a failed lanyard or dess post.
1 thing for sure,,,no need to ”clear” out the engine more than once,,,easy to cause a partial or full piston seizure.,and heat up the carbon ring.

I was winterizing my 1999 Seadoo GTX, running it for 20-30 second intervals to clear water out of the engine allowing it to cool off in between. Approximately the 4th time while revving it the engine died and now there is no power to the ski. There is no beep with the key and it does not turn over. All the fuses in the MPEM and the stator check out okay and the battery is connected and fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check the connection at the magneto. Make sure it is plugged in well. Then check the connectors at the MPEM. One might have come loose or corroded pins.

Back