97 gtx dies

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Black67tb

Hello. Driving my 97 gtx yesterday, l jumped some waves, and the ski died. Removed the key, then put it back, and sometimes, no beep. Other times 1 beep. When l did get 2 beeps the ski would start again, but immediatly die. Sometimes l would see low 12v. Finally the ski would start and drive normal and l made it to my lift. Later l took it out again, driving normal, jumped a wave, then the ski died and did the same start-stop symptoms again After that l checked the battery, and it was 12.5 volts.
If anyone has experienced something similar to my problem l would greatly appreciate any feedback l can get to solve my problem.
Thank you.

Remove and clean all the connections. Check all the fuses. Double check the ground. And if that fails get the battery load tested at an automotive store. But it sounds like a bad connection somewhere.

Remove and clean all the connections. Check all the fuses. Double check the ground. And if that fails get the battery load tested at an automotive store. But it sounds like a bad connection somewhere.
Yes, you were correct. The ground at the rear electrical box to the battery was bad. I replaced the connector and crimped. Thanks
20230819_121540.jpg

Back