1997 Seadoo GSI No Spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

krasecustoms

I am looking for any help. I have a 1997 gsi that is not getting spark. I test the coil in another machine and it had spark in that machine. I puchased a new mpem and still no spark. I get the 2 beeps and the engine tunes over just no spark. I have checked all fuses and cleaned all the grounds and still nothing. I placed the red lead into the white wire at the coil and the black lead to ground and placed my meter on AC Volts. When i crank the motor over the meter reads 12.5 as soon as i hit the start button but start going down as i keep cranking. Also i get a low 12v message on the instrument panel. I have taken the battery to the local parts store and had it charged and check and it checks fine, I have been chasing this issue for months and still no spark. Just look for any help. thanks

U load tested the battery? Not enough voltage it won't start. U tested all the other coils and that? Stator and that?

Download the manual from the Internet. It should give you check out procedures. Don't throw parts at it. Diagnose the problem.

Yeah Id be looking for corrosion, but with what you have done so far its pretty much got to be the stator doesnt it?

thanks everyone i read the seadoo manual and tested everything i could do without the seadoo test equipment, does anyone know what the voltage should be at the white wire at the coil. And can i jump from the battery to the coil to see if the jet ski will run. I did replace the stator and still the same results on spark. I only have one seadoo shop in my area and we all know what that means. any suggestions will be apprecaited. thanks

You know no spark? Tested it? Trim the spark plug wires back? Ground connections are very important. Clean ALL connections and protect with Dielectric tune up grease. Put it in spark plug boots too. Seals out moisture that causes shorts to ground. Check all fuse with a VOM, make sure connections / flow on each side.
You do have fuel delivery? Try a little premix in air box? See if it starts or tries. Pull choke all the way out with first start ups.

Did you ever get your GSi back up and running? I am running into the exact same problem with mine. Same year/model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back