1997 Seadoo Challenger / No start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hebemarc

Hi everyone,

First off, I'm very new to this site as this is my first thread. Just bought the boat sunday from someone I know and knowing it wasn't starting. Last year when they took it out for the last few times, it would cut out and not restart for a while, so they bought a new key; Problem still exists. So he assumed it was the key post. So I bought it, but now there's nothing....no beeps, no starting, but some electrical components like the lights, bilge pump and thing of a sort do work. I looked at all the fuses last night and non of them look burned out (Unless I'm supposed to just replace them all???). All connections seems good, didn't locate burnt wiring, so I'm not sure where to start now. I was gonna buy a new DESS post but if I'm not even getting beeps, I'd rather start with that and then see if I need a post.

Hoping for some good direction from all you experts.....Been a long time since I've played around on a seadoo, so my memory needs to be jogged!!

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

Sounds like the DESS post to me. Did the same thing with our GTX. It started cutting out and occasionally not working. Then, luckily when it was at our home dock, it just stopped beeping or doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back