1996 Speedster - Battery Help!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnsteph1

I'm buying my first seadoo on Sunday. Its a 1996 Seadoo speedster and the lady I'm buying it from said it does not have the two batteries. I was wondering if anyone knew what size batteries I need to buy because I want to hear it crank before I pay her for the boat. Also, if you know what size spark plugs it takes that would be a help too, because I'm driving 4 hours to pick up the boat I want to have extra spark plugs too just in case. If you have any other helpful comments for me then they would be greatly appricated. I'm super excited as this is my first boat!

Batteries?

You'll want to get two batteries that are 19 amp hour connected in parallel. The standard battery for this boat when new wat the Yuasa battery.

Honestly, if you get a regular battery that fits the box, you'll be fine. I'd say get one with at least 200 CCA.

The plugs are NGK BR8ES gapped to .021".

I'd also get a compression gage and take it. You should always do a compression test on any motor driven purchase that you aren't sure of it's condition. You can buy the gage at your local auto parts store for about $25 bucks..........you can do a search with the forum search engine using the key words "compression test"........you will probably get a few hits on the procedure.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back