RESTO 1995 XP800 Resto Project: Sugar and Spice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot damn!!!!

Yes I agree, no more parting out 95 XP800's
Some people have parted like 3 that were way to original to part! No more lol

GA is a no title state, please contact me if you have one you are even contemplating parting. I've been looking for one to restore for a while

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tracked the decals. Expected Delivery: May 11, 2015

For anyone unsure of what the date is, that's today!

Hot damn!!!!

Yes I agree, no more parting out 95 XP800's
Some people have parted like 3 that were way to original to part! No more lol

GA is a no title state, please contact me if you have one you are even contemplating parting. I've been looking for one to restore for a while

96 XP800!

I might know of one.

NOTICE:
From here on out I do not want to see another 95 XP800 Limited scrapped or parted, title or not some guys have states that they can get them titled in. Breath new life back into them, if you find one and don't have the resources PLEASE pass it on to someone who has the means and utmost passion for it, don't just break it up. They're not making any more so we need to keep what's left ALIVE. If I could save them all I would. If you know of one post it up and help a brother out who needs one. I know of 2 members here who want them. Do it for the love of the sport and the all mighty X4 that started it, these WERE the game changer in the sport.

I can't agree more. Here are two XP800's for sale near me. I know the one has already been posted, but I haven't seen the other one on the forum yet. Both in the Detroit, MI Craigslist. I have two of them already (XP800's), if I had more space I would be seriously considering them. I can't justify the purchase right now. Maybe once I have an outbuilding later on I will be able to pick up a few more to save! Absolutely great skis!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/4997856511.html
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/5015423749.html

Thanks again to [MENTION=70010]RatFink[/MENTION] for getting these decals reproduced, they are a work of art. Also thanks to [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] for putting in his time as well to get the traces and measurements of the NOS decals to get these reproduced. My two 800's aren't ready for decals yet this year, but I will be purchasing two complete sets of XP800 graphics in the future, potentially as soon as this winter.

I can't agree more. Here are two XP800's for sale near me. I know the one has already been posted, but I haven't seen the other one on the forum yet. Both in the Detroit, MI Craigslist. I have two of them already (XP800's), if I had more space I would be seriously considering them. I can't justify the purchase right now. Maybe once I have an outbuilding later on I will be able to pick up a few more to save! Absolutely great skis!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/4997856511.html
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/5015423749.html

Thanks again to [MENTION=70010]RatFink[/MENTION] for getting these decals reproduced, they are a work of art. Also thanks to [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] for putting in his time as well to get the traces and measurements of the NOS decals to get these reproduced. My two 800's aren't ready for decals yet this year, but I will be purchasing two complete sets of XP800 graphics in the future, potentially as soon as this winter.

That teal 95 spx looks like a [MENTION=51350]Jetskigoodies[/MENTION] resto special someone is trying to resell

Lol that is my friends ad. He is [MENTION=8596]Jimnut[/MENTION] on here. Thay both are nice. He just bought a boat and never uses them. I ordered him the decals and sold him the mats

This has been just over a year in the making for these decals. April 16th 2014 I sent the NOS decals and some of the tracings to Mike. I would like to publicly like to thank Mike aka: [MENTION=70010]RatFink[/MENTION] for putting up with me on this project. These are so darn close to the originals it's unreal. I think in the last 9 days we have had over 45 emails, and 38 texts and I'm not sure how many times we spoke on the phone. Mike has the passion for these decals, he is hands down THE PREMIER shop for decals.

It is a long process. When I tackled the original reproductions it took about 10 months working with and pestering Mike.

I am glad you had some original decals to make a Version 2 of these. Mainly because the color on my originals is not 100%.

Do you happen to know what color code magenta you guys ended up with on Version 2?

When my original XP800 is beside my resto one that is the most noticeable difference, the magenta in the decals.

Nice work you guys.

[MENTION=52309]MPower[/MENTION] are you still selling a 95 xp800?

96 XP800!

I decided to hang on to both of them. Last year I had 2 offers of $3,000 to buy my restored one, but when it came down to it I just couldn't part with it. And I will never sell the original one!!

Keep your eye out for one. I am looking hard for one to restore. I'm in GA but will travel for a deal

96 XP800!

It is a long process. When I tackled the original reproductions it took about 10 months working with and pestering Mike.

I am glad you had some original decals to make a Version 2 of these. Mainly because the color on my originals is not 100%.

Do you happen to know what color code magenta you guys ended up with on Version 2?

When my original XP800 is beside my resto one that is the most noticeable difference, the magenta in the decals.

Nice work you guys.

Well there are 2 different colors. The bottom is darker than the top. They 're very close to the NOS ones I sent. The tops might me a shade off but so damn close depending on the light.

Well there are 2 different colors. The bottom is darker than the top. They 're very close to the NOS ones I sent. The tops might me a shade off but so damn close depending on the light.

Well shit, that explains it! When I was matching the original set I think I used the magenta gelcoat on the bottom for both the top and bottom.

Do you happen to have the color codes? I am curious to compare to the color codes I sent Mike.

Here's a few pics of what I have done so far. Just taking my time. Hope to get the other side tonight.

I have to re-hit the gel, my wax and grease remover sucked some color out of the gel shine.

137.jpg

138.jpg

Hood decals and front laterals. The fluorescent lighting really throws off the colors.

139.jpg

140.jpg

If this ski goes missing in the middle of the night I promise it has a good home

96 XP800!

If this ski goes missing in the middle of the night I promise it has a good home

96 XP800!

Just leave the stack-o-cash where you took it from and I'll start over. Beginning to think this might be fresh water only.

Started on the other side tonight. The lighting just kills the appearance. Once I get it outside I'll use our Nikon to snag some really nice pics.

141.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

The tips are pretty darn close to even, probably with in an 1/8" or less.

149.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back