RESTO 1995 XP800 Resto Project: Sugar and Spice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks amazing! Awesome job. Is the motor ready to drop in? All the photos of the decals I lost track where the rest of this restoration is at.

Looks amazing! Awesome job. Is the motor ready to drop in? All the photos of the decals I lost track where the rest of this restoration is at.

That's a tricky one. Yes the engine is done........but insanely I'm tearing back apart. When I built it I used an oem reman 96+ crank and counter balance. I have since then bought a 95 bottom end with a oem rebuilt or nos 95 only crank from Braley. So since I want to keep the original cases in this ski I need to tear it all the way down to swap the internals. Then I'll take the 96+ crank and counter balance and build that engine for my 98 SPX resto.I'm ordering an OEM gasket set tonight, and hope to drop the 98 cylinders and pistons off at the machine shop to get punched out to the first over.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

After looking through all of these images... I am amazed at how well this turned out.. Makes me want to put some money into my two '95 XP's.. They've been garage kept, but weren't touched for 7 years.. In the process of getting it running right, but they could use some TLC. Also the XP decal on the hood came off partially (it was loose) when scrubbing the grime off of it.. [Not pictured]

163.jpg

Personally I'd love to see "all" the vintage Doo's in mint condition. From SP to GTX. Be nice to see.

Those 95s are cherry by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After looking through all of these images... I am amazed at how well this turned out.. Makes me want to put some money into my two '95 XP's.. They've been garage kept, but weren't touched for 7 years.. In the process of getting it running right, but they could use some TLC. Also the XP decal on the hood came off partially (it was loose) when scrubbing the grime off of it.. [Not pictured]

[MENTION=76816]bwhite[/MENTION]

If you need these I wouldn't wait, it's not like these come up every day. And they are my favorite 3 letter word, NOS.

Here is an NOS decal for your XP hood

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-DECAL-219900463-/161388118190?hash=item25937b40ae&vxp=mtr

And here is the SEADOO to go below it, again...NOS Oh, looks like you're missing the last o in Seado on the other one. Meh, I'll throw two links your way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Doo-Log...ter-/111575095062?hash=item19fa64d716&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Doo-Log...225-/361199530939?hash=item54192b73bb&vxp=mtr

165.jpg

And the XP logo

166.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect! I was sure I could find the XP.. I didn't even realize the missing "O" on that other ski.. I'll probably end up leaving off the white seadoo on one and fix the XP and replace the whole Sea-Doo underneath. Thanks for the resources!

Ok, so I've had the rear decals on for a while now, been too busy to upload and I really wanted to post pics from our Nikon, not my phone. But.................here goes from the phone. [MENTION=51350]Jetskigoodies[/MENTION] was texting with me today and asked/egged me on.

These are MONEY! I still have some decals to put on yet.

239.jpg

240.jpg

241.jpg

And the BEST part so far, one off reggies! With matching XP800 font. These are not quite legal height, close kinda but not really. For me if I get beat for them, I'll just pay the fine. That is the price of badassness.

242.jpg

Looking good. Surprised you didn't go with original mats. But I understand why, those things are dangerous.

Looking good. Surprised you didn't go with original mats. But I understand why, those things are dangerous.

I had found them on ebay NOS, but knew they'd look like bacon in a few years. The hydro will be nice on my feet, I typically ride without footwear.

It's a total distraction in my shop. Sometimes I just can't help but dream about when it hits the water for the first time.

I love that ski! Seriously, you live like 15 minutes from me. When can I see it? lol

I love that ski! Seriously, you live like 15 minutes from me. When can I see it? lol

I will be charging admission, LOL. When it's all finished I'll let you check it out.

Have you been out this year yet?

Actually I haven't. This year has been THE busiest year of my life. A new business, a new baby (which makes 2), and a new desire to get back in shape. I've spent a lot of time mountain biking though. I really need to get out soon as I'm starting to daydream about riding again. That's not a good sign. LOL

Seriously gorgeous ski man! My favorite single model of all time right there.

I had found them on ebay NOS, but knew they'd look like bacon in a few years. The hydro will be nice on my feet, I typically ride without footwear.

I hear ya. I don't use footwear either. OEM mats are just asking for broken toes.

Surprisingly my all original 95 has the original mats and they look perfect.

261.jpg
262.jpg

I'd say yours are pretty dead on oem Dan! Comparing these two side by side

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

They do look great. I will probably remove my original reproductions on #2 and replace them with Dan's new and improved ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back