1995 XP 720 Restoration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope rich washes the piston and plugs pretty clean. Lean burns hot and leaves dry carbon on the pistons.
For the plug lean will leave the plug white and dry, rich will be black and wet and perfect is cocoa brown.
download.jpg

Well engine was slightly off when I first tried to alignment. Loosened the engine cradle bolts and shifted the engine the direction it needed to go and it was perfect. It was just off center slightly. Got the pump on with all new rubber from OSD. I currently have the exhaust and carbs off of it. I had to take the expansion part of the factory pipe off to loosen engine cradle bolts when I was aligning and noticed that the elbow fitting on the crank case dripped a little bit. I tightened that about a 1/4 turn and that seems to have cured that issue. Carbs are off because I got some insight and I'm checking the jets and pop off. Water test coming as soon as lake thaws. Need to get one of those Slippery Covers for it to since it has the bar extensions the cover I have wont fit it. Either way pretty much wrapped up. Gotta put the rub rail corners on as well. 20190302_102916.jpeg20190302_103017.jpeg20190302_165825.jpeg

This ski is finished. All the hours paid off substantially. Now I just have to wait until the ice on the lake thaws to water test it at the boat launch, then warmer weather to test the ride. Here's some final pictures. Hope everyone enjoyed. Be sure to check out the 95xp800 thread that is going to be in full swing quickly. Still gathering parts up.

Looks Great !!! I get cold just looking at that snow. :) One of my skis is gettin wet today or tomorrow. Currently 53 and overcast in my area. Eeney meeny minee mo.... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back