1995 Speedster stored 12 years

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jason30

Looking for suggestions please - I have a 1995 SeaDoo Speedster only about 70 hours on engines from new. Boat has been stored and not running in 12 years. Always dealer serviced, stored indoors, always in freshwater. Boat last winterized by Seadoo dealer 10/2009 then sat. Engine bay seems good cosmetically (no rust, no corrosion, no leaks). Want to get running and thinking to: drain old gas/oil, replace all fuel and oil hoses (they are the black ones now from new), clean air filters, new plugs, lubricate all points, change jet drive oil, and rebuild carbs using Mikuni rebuild kits. Should I replace fuel shut off/selector as well? Any suggestions, tips or helpful advice please comment! Thank you!

Last edited:
you can get engine fogger at most auto parts stores. take the plugs out, spray like crazy. you can take the shroud off at the pto and grab the driveshaft with your hand....with the plugs out it should spin very easy. rotate a bit and spray more fogger in there.. you could take the carbs off and spray fogger on the intakes at the same time as you spray through the plug openings. rebuild the carbs for sure.

Never "boost" these boats. the voltage surge will easily fry the mpem.

Thank you for your comments. Will do - I will grab some Engine Fogging Oil and do that and no will not even attempt to boost - have two new batteries on order already! Thanks - appreciated!

A very easy way to check compression once things are spinning with the starter is too put your finger over the plug hole when turning it over. You will definitely feel compression trying to push your finger off the hole when doing so. Or obviously use a compression tester if you have one. Or do a leak down test if you are up to it. That will check to see if the inner cranks seals are fine.

Just simplified my posting.... looking for more helpful hints from anyone! Gathering knowledge and tips! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back