1995 Speedster 657X - No start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

apeters

Hello, So I am restoring a 95 Speedster and recently installed two re-maned engines. One fires instantly and the other will not even cough. The no start (starboard) engine has 145-150 compression, double checked rotary valve timing, good blue&white spark, and good fuel. Two new batteries, timing on the magneto has been set to the factory marks. What else can keep it from starting? start switch? I've tried running it with fuel through the carbs and I have also tried bottle feeding it as to avoid flooding it. The other engine (port) fired right off with just a spray of fuel/oil mix into the carbs. It now runs on the fuel from the tank. Thanks for any help or idea!

If you're hitting it with premix through the carbs or the spark plug holes, and the motor turns over, sounds to me like you have a spark issue. Those 94 and 95 speedsters were funny. Some were mpem boats, some were not. See if you can get the plug wires from the good engine on to the one that won't fire and see if that makes a difference. That should tell you all you need to know

It has great spark. I finally got to make a noise. It backfired out the exhaust. It seems to me the timing is off but the magneto/stator is set to factory mark and the rotary valve is at 147degrees. My plan is to try and get a timing light on the good one and compare to the one that won’t start.. I wanted to swap all the wires from one the the other but they are not long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back