1995 gtx blown 5a fuse

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hortonms

I have a 1995 GTX that keep blowing the 5a fuse. I disconnected the wire harness going to the fuel gI am hoping it isnt the Electronic Module since that is a quite expensive part. Please let me know if there are any other options.

Diode....

There is a diode in the MPEM that is used to break down the power to 5 volts to run some of the components of your electrical system.

Look in the "Buy/Sale/Trade" section and you'll see a sticky for a guy who repairs that problem. He has had a pretty good success rate in the repair. I think he charges around $100 bucks, which is a lot better than $700.......:ack:

In his avatar in that topic area, you'll see his phone number. Do not post because sometimes when he's busy in his shop, he does not come in everyday. Get the number and call him, tell him your problem and see what he can do for you............

Tell him "seadoosnipe" sent you............:cheers:

OH, BTW,.........this usually happens from jumping the ski off from another vehicle that is running..........:(

:agree:, but b4 that, locate the rectifier (1in square yellow looking thing) ant disconnect the yellow wires and red wire from it, if it still pops the fuse, then do what Snipe said, if not, you either have a bad rectifier or a stator problem.

Thanks, I will try it on Sunday. My buddy used to start it with it plugged into the battery charger. He needed a new battery but never did get a new one. I bought a new one and this is how I figured out this problem. I guess doing that would be the same as jumping it off a vehicle.

Where is the diode on the MPEM

Where is the diode located that causes the 5A fuse to blow for the MPEM? I have a 1997 Seadoo GSX. Does anyone have any photos of its location that would help me. I just want to make sure I start digging away at the epoxy in the right area.

Thanks,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back