PENNZOIL SNOWMOBILE PREMIUM PLUS In 951DI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

devronl

First post here and not wanting to start a heated oil debate. I've had a 2001 gtx DI for quite awhile now and am in the process of changing my oil tank. It has developed the infamous seam leak which has been leaving a mess in the bottom of the hull. I'm over it so Ive thought about changing oils to save some cash. Previously I have ran QUICKSILVER PWC FULL SYNTHETIC in my craft with good results I believe. But prices and inflation are making me seek out other options which leaves me to my question. This oil meets or exceeds all specs I believe and is full synthetic. PENNZOIL SNOWMOBILE PREMIUM PLUS 2-STROKE it boasts to keep rave valves clean and yada yada... at 9.99 a quart I'm tempted to make the transition. Let me know please or another option that's readily Available and/or that your using. šŸ«”

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230907_183729_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230907_183729_Samsung Internet.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 11
  • SmartSelect_20230907_183737_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230907_183737_Samsung Internet.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 11
It meets all the specs so it should be fine.
Keep in mind the seadoo Di is probably one of the hardest working 2-stroke engines and is very lean burning which is not ideal for a 2-stroke. Of all the engines to skimp on a Seadoo DI is not one of them.

Me personally, I've always ran Amsoil Interceptor in any 2 stroke that enters my shop. It is expensive ($62 a gallon šŸ˜¬), But I've always had very good luck running it. Never any oil related problems from jet skis to snowmobiles to weed eaters

I totally agree with both the comments. I'm going to take the plunge anyways. My biased opinion tells me oil technology is well advanced this day and age. It's not 2001 when the ski came out and xps only had a few competitive oils on the market. I know penzoil introduced the oil for the coldest pour point possible and it is designed for rotax engines. I'm jumping on it now before it also jumps to 60+$ a gallon. Now to dive into a gtx 951 oil tank swap out. I've read it's a SOB and not for the weak hearted. I will replace lines and filter. Just hope I don't leave an air bubble because you can barely see down into the hull with all that motor!

Back