'06 GTX 155 Strange electrical problem -New Member needs help - Please!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmp98223

My problems began when the shaft seal failed and flooded my 06 GTX 155 while it was moored in saltwater. It didn't sink, it just took on water into the engine compartment and was down by the stern.

After fixing that problem (getting engine dried out, replacing the starter and solenoid, pulling all of the electrical connectors blowing them dry with compressed air, greasing each with dielectric grease and reattaching) when the battery power is reapplied without the key on the DESS post a warning buzzer sounds continuously, the display reads "Welcome to Sea-Doo" a solenoid on the throttle body clicks a few times and the display clears and cycles the same message again and again. The battery drains in a few hours.

With the key on the DESS post it behaves normally. The GTX starts, runs, and rides but the warning buzzer sounds continuously. No error codes are displayed.

Anyone ever see anything like this? If so how was it fixed?

Did the MPEM get corrupted somehow when the seawater infiltrated the electrical system? Is there a lucid description of what the MPEM does anywhere? How can one interrogate the MPEM? Special tools?

The riding season is mostly over here in the Pacific Northwet so I've got all winter to work this problem but I am out of ideas.

Please help if you've seen this before...
Thanks

Anything that had salt water in or on it can be an issue. It creates a connection.

Open the various electrical boxes, remove and clean the wire ends, reinstall using dielectric grease.

Also take a GOOD look at the plugs as salt water causes them to short across itself.

Your MPEM doesn't do much, it is just fuse block. Your ECU is what controls everything. Make sure to clean and dry every connection, especially the ECU A and B connectors as well as the large plugs in the MPEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back