Gtx 155 electrical problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niccolox

Good evening everyone…
I’m new in sea doo and thank you for allowing me to the forum…
I bought a 2002 gtx 155 with some problems… water leaks from head gasket and no electrical power (sometimes is trying to start)…
I already repair all the engine and now a lot of parts are brand new…

Today I made some test for electrical problem.
When dess key is unplugged I can’t se anything on the dash, if I click start/set/mode nothing happens…
If I put the key in the dash starts but after some seconds it restarts it self…
This morning also crank for 3-4 seconds without spark plugs but it was like loosing power while cranking…
Battery 100%
YouTube video

Thank you for help…
Sorry for my english

Get your battery load tested.
thank you for your reply… battery is at 12.4v…
I tried to put mpem in rice for 3 days and now screen turn on with check engine errors 1502 and 0520
Is that right that with tension regulator disconnected the engine don’t crank? When I press start I can only hear fuel pump…

What does the voltage go down to while cranking?

When your key is off, buttons do nothing is normal. The 4 tecs are not like the old 2 strokes.

You need to get 2 beeps or it will never start.

Don't know what tension regulator is? If you mean voltage regulator, then it will run but not charge with it disconnected.

The codes are oil pressure switch related which is common but not keep it from starting. You should replace both.

Last edited:
What does the voltage go down to while cranking?

When your key is off, buttons do nothing is normal. The 4 tecs are not like the old 2 strokes.

You need to get 2 beeps or it will never start.

Don't know what tension regulator is? If you mean voltage regulator, then it will run but not charge with it disconnected.

The codes are oil pressure switch related which is common. You should replace both.
Thank you!!
i don’t now while cranking… yesterday I tried with regulator off and no crank…But battery is brand new…

Ok… i red that there is an advanced mode pressing 5 time start button without key…

I have 3 beeps every 6-7 seconds…
Can be the tip over sensor not properly fixed?

Jump the solenoid to crank it over. If it doesn't crank over at a good speed and for at least 10 seconds, you either have a battery/connection/starter problem.

The beeps are the reminder the key was left on the post which is normal.

Pressing set with key on 5 times will give you the current active fault codes, then press mode to see all the codes until it says end.

Jump the solenoid to crank it over. If it doesn't crank over at a good speed and for at least 10 seconds, you either have a battery/connection/starter problem.

The beeps are the reminder the key was left on the post which is normal.

Pressing set with key on 5 times will give you the current active fault codes, then press mode to see all the codes until it says end.
Good evening
Today I tried and is cranking!!
Thank you!

I have now another problem I think due to timing…
Before taking apart the head to change gasket the camshaft gear was 180* degrease rotate from right position… I put camshaft lock and crankshaft lock and now I have 1503 aligned but ski is doing this….

youtube Link
Pictures in attachment were made before taking apart

Attachments

• 1670C7F2-4BE4-4936-A949-44617783025B.jpeg
    1670C7F2-4BE4-4936-A949-44617783025B.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 638F55A1-CB32-444D-A3F5-137DEAABB73A.jpeg
    638F55A1-CB32-444D-A3F5-137DEAABB73A.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 6
The crank locking tool has go into the hole in the crank lobe when the alignment marks of the crank and cb gears are lined up as in your picture. The hole can be seen with a flashlight through the hole which you must not have checked.

You may have an even bigger problem now which are bent valves. This is an interference motor so the pistons will hit the valves and bend them.

The crank locking tool has go into the hole in the crank lobe when the alignment marks of the crank and cb gears are lined up as in your picture. The hole can be seen with a flashlight through the hole which you must not have checked.

You may have an even bigger problem now which are bent valves. This is an interference motor so the pistons will hit the valves and bend them.
Thank you… I lock when cylinder 3 (front) was at tdc looking the hole (in the picture here)
EDCA29A5-2D82-4D44-AA3F-C16B5148C2E4.pngand before cranking with starter I tried by hand and no valve is touching pistons…
I can’t understand why is doing this…
it looks opposite timing and not 1 chain hole…
What do you think?

The camshaft rotates at half the speed of the crank so turn your crank another rotation to line up the hole again and see if the cam gear will line up so the cam locking tool can also be put in.

The camshaft rotates at half the speed of the crank so turn your crank another rotation to line up the hole again and see if the cam gear will line up so the cam locking tool can also be put in.
Good morning
I spent another morning on the jet ski…
I try to find another time the hole, here in picture and camshaft can lock… then I’m in good C3E3DE77-03A1-4B81-832A-BDAE4BBB5822.jpegtiming…
352B6FCF-F0D8-42EA-9027-6CF5393C96F6.jpeg

I tried sparks and I have, injectors are working fine…

This morning video: it seems to trying start but don’t
What can I try now?

Add: one thing occurred to me! I have a broken pickup insert… and it can’t lock anymore can be that I put it reverse?
Do you have maybe a picture of your connector? Is the side with the writing above the one that has the joint?

Last edited:
Not sure what you are calling a pickup insert being reversed? All the connectors are keyed and only go in one way. There are only a couple of connectors that can be mixed up and connected wrong.

Back to basics. Are you getting 2 beeps when you put the key on? Did you change pto housing, block, crank shaft, or mag cup? These are not interchangeable between all models and will change timing.

Not sure what you are calling a pickup insert being reversed? All the connectors are keyed and only go in one way. There are only a couple of connectors that can be mixed up and connected wrong.

Back to basics. Are you getting 2 beeps when you put the key on? Did you change pto housing, block, crank shaft, or mag cup? These are not interchangeable between all models and will change timing.
Welcome back :)
I mean crankshaft position sensor… sorry, usually in motorcycles it is called only “pickup”
My connector housing was broken and I can’t key it…
Can the inverted pto connector make a bad spark or different time spark?

Yes, I have 2 beeps and I can see spark if I try with spark plugs off…
No, i didn’t change nothing… before head gasket it was firing…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back