02 xp help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

02xp

I have an 02 xp that was bogging down last summer getting to 55 then up to 64 then back down.. When i first purchased it it was 68-70 mph all day long.. Im taking the carbs out and cleaning them, i just bought carbon tech reeds im replacing them so i just bought the carbon tech sense they are about the same price as oem. Anyways what im getting at while i have the carbs off what other upgrades can i do? Ive heard jets but dont know what to look at.. I already have the R&D filter too..

call'em to find out. The oem reeds are as good as aftermarket, but going "mod", then why not, unless the stock ones are chipped, then i dont see that being the problem.

I'd start with the easy stuff...new plugs, clip plug wires, new gas, raves cleaned, then if no dice, remove the little hose coming from the warer regulator AT the pipe, then go take to lake, and verify that, the more rpm the boat increases, then less water is shooting out of that waterline. If the stream remains constant, then you have a faulty W.R., in which i dont recommend a "used" one for replacement but purchase the new one.

call'em to find out. The oem reeds are as good as aftermarket, but going "mod", then why not, unless the stock ones are chipped, then i dont see that being the problem.

I'd start with the easy stuff...new plugs, clip plug wires, new gas, raves cleaned, then if no dice, remove the little hose coming from the warer regulator AT the pipe, then go take to lake, and verify that, the more rpm the boat increases, then less water is shooting out of that waterline. If the stream remains constant, then you have a faulty W.R., in which i dont recommend a "used" one for replacement but purchase the new one.

I know its not the reeds i just bought them to humor myself haha but im sure my carbs just need cleaned out they have never been taken off before so im sure thats what it is. Im just saying while I have them off and im in there what "mods" can i do while i have some extra cash laying around? Just to be safe id like to know what the stock settings for the carbs are if ne one knows.. Carbon tech says to adjust the low speed after installing the reeds..

Lsa = 1-1/2

hsa = 0

to replace the grey fuel line, you'll need about 15ft of 5/16in, and 6ft of 1/4in...found at any auto store.

Lsa = 1-1/2

hsa = 0

to replace the grey fuel line, you'll need about 15ft of 5/16in, and 6ft of 1/4in...found at any auto store.

Thank you so much I REALLY appreciate all the help! Should i keep the stock jets? Carbon tech says a half turn leaner so should lsa be 1 or 2? I feel like an idiot haha.. My buddy is going to be helping me out id just like to know so i have some knowledge of my machine..

Lsa = 1-1/2

hsa = 0

Which is lsa and which is hsa? Their is the idle screw on the one and then another screw on both.. For hsa "0" what does that mean keep it closed? The lsa 1-1/2 means close it and turn it out 1-1/2 correct..

You are correct on the turns out.

On the carbs, from the top looking down, the low speed adjusters are on the top of the carbs. They also have "T" handles to adjust them. The high speed adjusters are on the bottom of the carbs pretty much directly below the low speed adjusters. Most high speed adjusters have a black cap over them that limits you to 1/4 turn only from closed to 1/4 open. Some people take them off to adjust them, some fall off from handling the carbs.

When you close these, just turn until it gets a little hard, then stop or you can break the adjuster off in the carb body, just enough to seat the needle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back