Yikes! Something broke, don't know what or how to diagnose!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
HaHa
Me still sitting back watching.This is funny.If you think something and don't say it.You can't get into trouble from the politically correct people.I THINK Jabbarwocky is a bit of a knob jockey.I won't SAY it.But you can't stop me thinking it.
NEXT..........................!

O.K. Criss, We're here in Kentucky, which is a long way from the Gold Coast of Australia, we're just simple folk. Me and Jake, Ma and Pa, and Sis, was wonderin, what the hell you be talkin bout. We even had to send Sis down to the still to fetch Pa (he's the smart one of the family) ya know the gene pool ain't very deep here. I think we done figgered out knob jockey, but what the hell is a Jabberwocky?

From now on we was hopin you could post in plane english.

Lou & Jake

See Keltonks avatar.Jabberwocky.The ugly hairy thing from Star Wars.And yes,On Oz.the males lower dangly thing,is often called your knob.It is right beside your sack and the sack houses your stones,or man tonsils.Geez mate.Don't you know the queens english:cheers:

Michael,

I truly do apologize for participating in screwing up this thread, you have to admit, some of the answers got to be pretty damn funny. I do sympathize with your problem and I'm sorry I couldn't be of help.

I try to give answers that I'm reasonably sure are correct and I don't know a lot about 4-strokes, so I'm not going to give any advise.

Anyway good luck with solving your problem and I sincerely hope we have not been too much of an annoyance.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
wait i have a question for ya lou??? what answers were funny i dont claim to know alot about the 4 strokers but i do know a little but please confinrm that the answers that i gave were legit i dont want to mislead people!!!!

Just for clarification, my avatar comes from the movie, "ZARDOZ" which has more to do with "The Wizard of Oz" than "Star Wars".

And by the way, before I ever placed a post, I did telephone SEA DOO and spoke to two representatives. I was calm, and polite and spoke in hushed tones. I asked if there was ANYTHING Sea Doo would do to assist me with my broken timing chain, and was told no way, sorry about your luck. One of the reasons they expressed is that I had not chosen an authorized Sea Doo dealer to diagnose the problem and perform the repairs. If Sea Doo had offered to have its representative meet with me, and had offered any compensation, then my comments and your exposure to my opinion would have been avoided. I might have started a thread that said, "Buy Sea Doo because it's such a great company that will help an owner even after the warranty exprires!" No such luck. The Sea Doo represenatives seemed totally unconcerned that a SEA DOO PWC owner would express dissatisfaction with their product to as many people as they can reach.

Maybe all you guys can contact Sea Doo, tell them what a pain in your posterior I am, and have them contact me and offer me compensation like they did the other fellow, just to shut me up and end my "miserable" life posting on this forum. I won't be holding my breath.

seriously keltonks come on grow up we are trying to help a proud owner fix his machine please stop posting stupid things like this on here and go take a nap!!!!! you are driving us nuts here

Michael,

I truly do apologize for participating in screwing up this thread, you have to admit, some of the answers got to be pretty damn funny. I do sympathize with your problem and I'm sorry I couldn't be of help.

I try to give answers that I'm reasonably sure are correct and I don't know a lot about 4-strokes, so I'm not going to give any advise.

Anyway good luck with solving your problem and I sincerely hope we have not been too much of an annoyance.

Lou

Michael, :agree: what Lou said. But unlesss I missed it somewhere we are still waiting to hear back from you with the results of the compression test and even though the plugs LOOK ok you should try changing them to get the basics out if the way.

Not mad, just been focused on other things including finding a compression tester that will work on this 4TEC engine... think I found one at O'Reilleys Auto Parts yesterday that will do the trick ($42). It has 4 different sized adapters to fit different spark plug holes.... I haven't tried it yet, but soon.

I do wish some of ya'll would refrain from hyjacking my thread though. I see it's 3 pages long now and has very little useful info regarding my problem, aside from the need to check compression on my engine's cylinders which I learned I needed page 1 already! :mad:

Regards and will post again when I get those compression numbers! Thanks.

- Michael

Did you check for boost leak between the SC and TB?

The hoses are all on and the clamps tight. I've had the SC to TB hose pop off before and it only drops a few hundred rpm's with less pep when that happens, this is MUCH worse than that! I knew instantly that this couldn't be SC related, though I did go ahead and check the SC when I got it back home that evening (and it's just fine, no sign of problems there).

Thanks though.

- Michael

Michael, :agree: what Lou said. But unlesss I missed it somewhere we are still waiting to hear back from you with the results of the compression test and even though the plugs LOOK ok you should try changing them to get the basics out if the way.

I know I've been busy this week Jake and it's taken a few days to find a compression tester that will work. I got 1 yesterday finally, will try it this afternoon and post results. I do appreciate the help!

- Michael

You don't need to be infiltrating other people's threads to spout off your anti Sea Doo rhetoric. That isn't really necessary. Notice something though, you don't see Michael whining Sea Doo wont help him fix his 6 year old Sea Doo.

I'd prefer to fix it myself, so I'll know how. Unless you have more dollars than sense, I think it's in every owner's best interest to know as much as possible about their machine(s) so they can resolve issues themselves (or with help from other's!). Who want's to have their machine sitting in a dealer's parking lot for weeks waiting to be looked at by a certified SeaDoo mechanic for something simple that they could have fixed themselves in just an evening or two? Not me, I'd rather dig in and fix it myself.

But to each their own. Thanks guys!

- Michael

I will apologise here.I was sitting back watching this thread and jabbawocky chimed in with his bit.It had nothing to do with the original post.I was the first to say I was watching this and that was about it.Then the hairy one threw a bit of fuel on the fire.
Micheal.Everyone wants you back on the water as they did for me when I needed help.If another person has a problem,they shouldn't touch your thread.Hand in there.Decent guys don't hold grudges.Only some idiots

Wow. I would personally be going plugs first to man. I cant see how it would have dropped a pot. Just my 2 cents.

I know everyone has told you to replace the plugs, and you haven't because they only have 5 hours on them, but let me tell you a quick story about my problem with my (yes 2 stroke) seadoo. I replaced my plugs with brand new ones when i bought my used seadoo. I gapped the plugs and then took it to the lake. Had no power at the lake and pulled the ski out of the water. With it running on the trailer I pulled of the back plug wire and no engine change. I then pulled the front plug with the back one plugged in and the motor died. Then I moved the back plug to the front and front to back and then the rear plug fired and the front plug did not. Put in an old plug and both fired. So its possible to get a bad plug, or for a plug to go bad quickly.

Ok,, question - when you pull a wire off the plug while running, do you need to use a insulated tool or does the boot offer enough protection against a shock?

always use insulated just in case or you will regret it .... all it takes is a hairline crack to knock your butt down!!!

Seadoobuddy.NO MATE .the insulation will give you every bit of protection you need.Honestly.True.Trust me.Just put your hand on top of the motor as you do it.You won't get any shock at all.really and treally it won't hurt.All it may do is straighten your pubic hair.(mate.Don't do it)

Seadoobuddy.NO MATE .the insulation will give you every bit of protection you need.Honestly.True.Trust me.Just put your hand on top of the motor as you do it.You won't get any shock at all.really and treally it won't hurt.All it may do is straighten your pubic hair.(mate.Don't do it)

Ok... That was funny.....

I know everyone has told you to replace the plugs, and you haven't because they only have 5 hours on them, but let me tell you a quick story about my problem with my (yes 2 stroke) seadoo. I replaced my plugs with brand new ones when i bought my used seadoo. I gapped the plugs and then took it to the lake. Had no power at the lake and pulled the ski out of the water. With it running on the trailer I pulled of the back plug wire and no engine change. I then pulled the front plug with the back one plugged in and the motor died. Then I moved the back plug to the front and front to back and then the rear plug fired and the front plug did not. Put in an old plug and both fired. So its possible to get a bad plug, or for a plug to go bad quickly.

Apologies all, I haven't had time to touch the SeaDoo in the past week... I'm trying to get back to it though, I have a compression checker that will work new in package from O'rielly's Auto Parts just gotta use it!

Question: Did you notice any visible difference in your spark plug electrodes? My 3 all look identical and at only 5 hours of operation they all look brand new. The engine runs very erratic and sluggish not making any power at all... I'd almost think it's not getting proper fuel pressure actually. But I still want to check the cylinder compression just to be sure nothing has gone wrong in there!!! I still have my old 3 plugs from last Fall, I kept them as spares and could try putting them in if there's no compression issues with the cylinders.

Thanks for your info though! I appreciate it.

- Michael

Hi Crisso or whoever you are,
This is Tim's widow. He fried, i mean died while changing plugs or something.
He has cousins in your country, they will find you.

OK, i'm just kidding about the fried part.
But I really do have cousins there.

Seadoobuddy.What?????
You have cousins here?Are they convicts also.
Plz.Let us not hijack thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back