WSM Fuel Filter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky_Marc

Hey Guys,

Question,

I bought a WSM 951 fuel filter replacement. Before installing, I compared it to the OEM Seadoo filter and it felt a little flimsy. I went to attach it to the cap before installing the fuel cup and it wouldn't stick. The OEM filter sticks on fine which allows you to install the fuel cup easily.

I know the fuel filter has a small point at the bottom that raises it into the fitting, however i was just a little worried that it may not be as good a seal. I was wondering if it would still be ok to use or should i just stick with the old OEM filter ( looks ok)?

Supprised no one else chimed in. I have learned that going oem is usually always best. The filter should be snug. Guess it would depend how loose it is. Use a mirror if you need to and see how loose it is, if there is a gap I would not use it. The seal comes from the o ring on the top of the cup. Make sure you replace that o ring or you could suck air and that will make you ski run lean and like carp.

Supprised no one else chimed in. I have learned that going oem is usually always best. The filter should be snug. Guess it would depend how loose it is. Use a mirror if you need to and see how loose it is, if there is a gap I would not use it. The seal comes from the o ring on the top of the cup. Make sure you replace that o ring or you could suck air and that will make you ski run lean and like carp.

Hey thanks for the info. Yeah I ended up refitting the old one. It's not particularity loose, it's just when i take the cup off and stick it up into the cap it falls back off into my hand. I ended up getting a refund. The only way i think it would actually fit would be to turn the cap upside down then, add the filter and then screw the cup in.

The O-ring was not in stock, old one seemed to in decent condition. Could maybe just pick one up at a hardware store!

I wouldn’t have run that filter either. If it didn’t fit tight it could have let trash by. The o-ring is special and not available at hardware stores. If I remember correctly it’s square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back