Fuel filter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Is this the location of fuel filter, top right pic, on a 2000 gs 717, thinking about changing location of filter for its easy to change.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627_164649_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_164649_Samsung Notes.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 3
The fuel filters are not replaced all the time.
I replace the entire unit then clean it every few years and install a new o-ring.

Has anybody ever substitute this style of fuel filter on a 2000 gs 718, I am having trouble with cold startup, pulling fuel into carb, and this one can flow horizontal, instead of a bowl type, where bowl needs to fill first.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230628_153827_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628_153827_Messenger.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 3
Lots of problems with adding aftermarket fuel filters, better to just figure out the fuel issue, is the Irving in good condition on the fuel filter/ water seperator? Did you rebuild the carb according to Mikidymac’s carb rebuild thread, test the fuel pump diaphragm after rebuild with 4 pounds? Also in the manual under the fuel section there are instructions on how to pressure test the fuel system for leaks. Adding that filter won’t solve the no fuel issue. Good luck,

You can bypass the filter and selector valve by putting a tube straight from premixed gas to the carb inlet. If it works then, you know it’s the filter or valve, if it doesn’t then it’s the carburetor

You can bypass the filter and selector valve by putting a tube straight from premixed gas to the carb inlet. If it works then, you know it’s the filter or valve, if it doesn’t then it’s the carburetor
I was thinking about taking the my premix line off the selector and using a connecting barb connect it output line of fuel filter, omit selector and filtet

going direct will eliminate possible issues but if the selector or filter does end up being the issue it shouldn’t cost much to replace them

going direct will eliminate possible issues but if the selector or filter does end up being the issue it shouldn’t cost much to replace them
I better pull off reserve tank hose off selector and pug it with a bolt and clamp, incase fuel selector is bad and off position is not working. Getting correct fuel line size in my area has been a issue, they never carry much off the real.

I better pull off reserve tank hose off selector and pug it with a bolt and clamp, incase fuel selector is bad and off position is not working. Getting correct fuel line size in my area has been a issue, they never carry much off the real.
The reserve tank is closest to engine right

I was thinking about rebuilding carb, kits cheap and not much concerns, just want to get in water this weekend, so darn hot in Texas

I hear you, I get impatient sometimes myself, it helps that I have 5 running machines so I have some to drive while I’m working on projects I have. If you do rebuild the carbs which could definitely be your problem only use the genuine Mikuni kits, best place to order is from osdparts.com . Tje back to OEM kits are genuine Mikuni, probably best to get the needle and seat as well. They are 134.00 or so for the double carb kit. Be careful of knock off kits claiming to be genuine, if they are cheap don’t buy them, it will just be a waste of your money. Hope you get it running to have some fun

Oh, one more stupid concern does the return line go straight back to the main pre mix tank and not reserve tank
I’m sorry, that although probably pretty basic is something I would have to look at in the manual. I usually take a lot of pictures to see where everything goes, pretty new at all this myself. If you can’t get it, I can go out and have a look at one of my machines when I get back in

There is no reserve or premix tank.

There are 4 fittings on the gas tank sending unit and they are all lableled.
RES = Reserve and goes to the bottom of the tank. Run a new line from this fitting all the way to the carbs.
ON = On it doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the tank.
VNT = Vent and vents the tank.
RET = return and delivers excess fuel back to the tank.

DO NOT buy cheap carb kits, just don't.

If you are not still not getting fuel to the carbs then rebuild them the correct way with the correct parts or not at all.

No, don't cap off anything.
Just run a new piece of hose directly from the RES fitting on the gas tank directly to the carb inlet fitting, that is is.

Back