In-line oil filter replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sd97gtx

Hello! Replacing an inline oil filter on a 97 GTX. Manual doesn’t go over steps on how to do it. But would it be correct to do these steps:
1. Clamp inlet and outlet hoses connected to fuel filter.
2. Replace filter ensuring it is set up in the proper flow orientation.
3. Zip tie each end of filter.
4. Undo clamps on each end of filter
5. Open pump bleed until air is visible, and then close when only oil is coming out.

Anything else that I am missing?

I would loosen both clamps from the the old oil filter, remove the hose from the outlet side of the old filter and position the line going to the injection pump in the air so all the oil doesn’t come out, quickly remove the line from the inlet side of the old filter and put the line in the inlet of the new filter, turn the filter skywards so any air can escape, once all the air has escaped from the new filter put it on the line going to the pump now. Place some rags under your work area as it’s going to be a little messy and if there’s an extra set of hands around that wouldn’t hurt either. Make sure your oil tank is full before beginning.

One more question… Do you think extending the hose would affect operation of the the injection system? I was thinking that with a longer hose I could lift it up to a point that would be easier to replace the filter next time.

I wouldn’t think extending it a little would hurt anything as long as long as all the hose is beneath the oil tank level

Back