2001 GTX DI oil tank replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dpstanton

Hi - I'm a rookie so forgive me for asking basic questions. I finally found an oil tank for my 2001 GTX. When removing the oil line from bottom of tank it was not zip tied or secured - just pushed on. When I put back in do I need a hose clamp or zip tie? Also I found this inside old tank (see pic) - not sure what it is or how to fix/replace. do I need to bleed pump once installed or look for air in lines first? Thanks for the help!
in oil tank.jpg

Attachments

• in oil tank.jpg
    in oil tank.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 7
What engine is in your GTX, RFI or DI? That picture looks like a broken piece. I tend to use a good sturdy Zip Tie over a hose clamp. There are better clamps for that "oetiker" but I hate them. :D Best to replace your inline oil filter and make sure it fills completely with oil and little if no air bubbles. Then carefully connect the line to the injection pump and bleed out the air using the bleed fitting.

This is the top fitting on the oil tank and the check valve.

Oil Tank2.jpg

This picture is prior to ski restoration. Another example of pitiful maintenance BUT... you can see the inline filter and the Oetiker clamp on the oil feed line where it connects to the injection pump. If your engine is not a 951 DI you have another oil line that connects to the rotary valve chamber. The engine in this picture is a 787 RFI. Good Luck !
Oil Fiter Otiker Clamp.jpg

Thanks so much for the reply. Mine is a 2001 GTX DI. Here's a pic of my tank top - and it doesn't have a check valve but there was one broken off in the tank? I haven't taken it apart yet but is the check valve inside tank? Is that what broke off? Again thanks for the help!

20230328 oil tank.jpg

Ha ha... it's a little different on the DI. :) Perhaps your vent/check valve broke off the "Filler Neck." Here is a picture for you. Pull the fill line an have a look.

Oil Tank System Seadoo DI.png

Thanks for the info - did not realize that was in filler neck. So one more dumb question - what does it do? Do I need it in there? Do I have to purchase another filler neck? Again thanks for the help!

That component is a vent so if you don't have a vent the oil will have difficulty draining from the tank. I always go back with the parts as designed as long as it is practical. I don't like the drawing I posted because it makes it look like the line from the cooler goes into the filler neck.

That component is a vent so if you don't have a vent the oil will have difficulty draining from the tank. I always go back with the parts as designed as long as it is practical. I don't like the drawing I posted because it makes it look like the line from the cooler goes into the filler neck.
Okay thanks for the education!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back