Oil tank tubing 2003 Seadoo GTI LE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

@Hans

I replaced my oil tank on my 03 Seadoo GTI LE (original one was cracked at two piece seal). New tank and lines are installed but I cut the two lines about 6” short, that are the ones coming from the lower part of the tank. The 8mm tube that is the one that has the inline filter and 12mm tube that goes on the left side crank case. I filled the tank with oil and bled the air out, then went to put the tank back in it’s place and strap it down, however as I’m trying to get it back in place I noticed I’m about 5-6” short of hose. I really don’t want to disconnect at the oil tank because it’s full of oil and wanted to ask if anyone knows if it’s okay that I add 5-6” of tubing for each line using a straight coupling with clamps and or zip ties be okay? For the 12mm tube I bought a 1/2” x 1/2” inline copper coupling and for that one it seems like it would be fine and work. I’m just worried about if I do the same thing with the 8mm tubing it may cause restriction of oil flow, but not sure. Can someone please advise?

Brass fittings would be better then copper but you are just creating more points to leak. You would be better off getting new tubing the correct length.

Brass fittings would be better then copper but you are just creating more points to leak. You would be better off getting new tubing the correct length.
You are right... I decided to just order new tubing to do it right. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back